PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Palm Pre Apps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71035)

CozBoogie 06-08-2009 01:51 PM

Palm Pre Apps

Please list and give a brief review (pros/cons) and a link of new apps that you have downloaded for your Palm Pre.

late,
Coz

kill_dano 06-08-2009 06:28 PM

Re: Palm Pre Apps

There are reviews in the App store. If you don;t have a Pre and want to know about the apps then freaken get one!

sanmanc 06-08-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kill_dano (Post 962863)
There are reviews in the App store. If you don;t have a Pre and want to know about the apps then freaken get one!

Dude uncalled for. This forum is for actual users to express their opinions on these devices. Some people may be waiting to purchase this or any device and want to read if it will be worth it for them.

Major_Nate 06-08-2009 08:18 PM

One app I like, even tho I do not have a Pre, is the Fandango app. For example, you can purchase 4 tickets for a movie, then select three of your friends from your contacts to send a text message with the movie name, time, and info on it all from inside the Fandango app.

robp23 06-09-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kill_dano (Post 962863)

I hope you meant to add a insert sarcasm?

cambo2121 06-09-2009 07:04 AM

i just got the palm pre and i really like the how smooth Pandora radio runs, unlike my old diamond.

alan7467 06-09-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major_Nate (Post 963091)
One app I like, even tho I do not have a Pre, is the Fandango app. For example, you can purchase 4 tickets for a movie, then select three of your friends from your contacts to send a text message with the movie name, time, and info on it all from inside the Fandango app.

That sounds pretty sweet.

Siflan 06-09-2009 11:38 AM

My teammate has the Pre. I've played with it a little and it's pretty smooth. I still can't get over that small hard keyboard. Just takes me back to my Treo days and I moved on long ago.

sracercelica 06-09-2009 11:52 AM

i like the AP app, I cant live without the news so I like it.

Zyphlin 06-09-2009 01:11 PM

The only 3rd party app I've used extensively so far is the Accuweather app.

Aestheticly it looks wonderful. A Black and Grey lined background hangs in the background as if going off to the horizon, giving a "TouchFlo3D" feel to the app.

The different headings throughout follow the general Pre feel of the nice rounded menu's with a gradient black/grey color.

The icons are nice, with the colors jumping out even on the smaller ones thanks to the nice screen.

Usability wise it has autolocation if you wish to have the GPS pick up where you are or you can enter in your location manually. It gives the currently recorded temperature along with the "Realfeel" temp along with humidity, wind speed, and moon phase for the day.

It also displays a list of the next 4 days along with the current showing high and low and an icon of the general weather for the day. It can be slid to show up to 2 weeks of projected days. Under that area is a text area that tells you a little additional snippet about the day, such as "A strong afternoon t-storm". This annoying at times gets covered by an ad.

Below that is a bar that gives multiple options ranging from the standard screen, an hour by hour screen of hte current day (I really like this), a radar screenshot for the time of the last update, and then finally what seems like a list of random weather related things (arthritis, astma, bbq, beach going, etc) and a comment about how fair the weather is in relation to those things.

[For example, today it has Arthritis listed as Fair, BBQ as listed as fair, having a Cold lited as Excellent, and Lawn Mowing as Poor]

Over all a really nice and robust little weather client that also has a great look to it.

Will try to give more reviews as I use my 3rd party apps more.