PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

RockChalk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who bought a Pre today?

I bought one for my wife on Saturday. Her Instinct went crazy and spazed out. I've played with it for about 30 minutes and like it. It is very easy to get up to speed. I need to spend more time to find its short comings, but so far no complaints.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor

I was another lucky one to snatch up a Pre. I do love it, especially that it is web-based and everything gets synced automatically. I just expected some simple commands to be similar to that of a Windows based phone (I previously had the Mogul). Here are my gripes:

1. There are no arrow keys so when texting or emailing it is a bit cumbersome to do simple edits.

2. When emailing/texting there is no word completion. There is also very few words that it will correct.

3. Copy (Cut) and Paste is a bit awkward. You also can't take a calendar entry and copy the whole entry to a new date. (Someone please tell me if you have figured it out).

4. The camera takes great pictures, but you can't change any features other than whether you want the flash on or off.

HTC Mogul --> Palm Prē --> HTC EVO 4G
Old 06-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

i picked mine up on Monday and i gotta say im in love yea it has its flaws but so did my touch pro when it first came out, and yes somehow i got stuck with one with a funked up screen but the new os is jus so fantastic and intuitive i think im in love so my fave things are the capacitve screen omg its nice, the msg app absolutly elegant, and the notifications just couldnt be done any better so honestly guys its worth a try
Old 06-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicandalf View Post
I was another lucky one to snatch up a Pre. I do love it, especially that it is web-based and everything gets synced automatically. I just expected some simple commands to be similar to that of a Windows based phone (I previously had the Mogul). Here are my gripes:

1. There are no arrow keys so when texting or emailing it is a bit cumbersome to do simple edits.

2. When emailing/texting there is no word completion. There is also very few words that it will correct.

3. Copy (Cut) and Paste is a bit awkward. You also can't take a calendar entry and copy the whole entry to a new date. (Someone please tell me if you have figured it out).

4. The camera takes great pictures, but you can't change any features other than whether you want the flash on or off.
As for number one the best thing to do is Hold the shift key and you can move the curser left to right by swiping left to right on the screen.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
As for number one the best thing to do is Hold the shift key and you can move the curser left to right by swiping left to right on the screen.
Thanks for the tip, but say you just left out a letter of a word... there is no easy way to get your cursor where you want it to insert the missing letter. You can tap in the area of the word and hope that the cursor ends up where you want it, but it is either a hit or miss.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Thanks for the tip, but say you just left out a letter of a word... there is no easy way to get your cursor where you want it to insert the missing letter. You can tap in the area of the word and hope that the cursor ends up where you want it, but it is either a hit or miss.

Ooops I got orange and shift mixed up. You want to hold the orange button to move just the cursor. Shift is for highlighting to cut and paste.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i want this 1 lol http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-In-Han...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 06-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Almost a VIP

I just was able to walk into my sprint store today and pick up 2 touchstones. They had 3 in stock, and it looks like a guy in front of me was walking out with a brand new Pre.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Ooops I got orange and shift mixed up. You want to hold the orange button to move just the cursor. Shift is for highlighting to cut and paste.
I love you Donatom3!! Thanks so much for the tip... I am a happy camper now! You rock!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I love you Donatom3!! Thanks so much for the tip... I am a happy camper now! You rock!
Dont forget the green button, hun.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre