PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 05:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Palm Pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
You may be right, but i believe the reason sprint is doing this with the pre and the instinct is becasue they are suppose to be iphone killers (obviously the instinct failed horribly) but sprint wants to make sure that when one of their customers busts out the palm pre, they want that customer to be able to demonstrate the full capability of the phone which in turn should remove alot of the hype off of the iphone.
All this is irrelevant now because they just announced the 8gb iPhones are gonna be $99. Quality and customer experience just went out the door. The whole flock will be heading down to Wal-Mart to drop a c-note on an iPhone.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
All this is irrelevant now because they just announced the 8gb iPhones are gonna be $99. Quality and customer experience just went out the door. The whole flock will be heading down to Wal-Mart to drop a c-note on an iPhone.
I could agree with you, $99 for the iphone is going to hurt sprint. Sprint might need to release the tp2 to keep some of those customers.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Diamond

Negrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on repNegrito is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post

Its funny, that a lot of people are going to jump on that, but seriously how much will the contract cost them. Seriously the iPhone is probably the most expensive phone you can buy.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I could agree with you, $99 for the iphone is going to hurt sprint. Sprint might need to release the tp2 to keep some of those customers.
As much as I am after a tp2, there is no way it is going to appeal to the crowd that is after a hundred dollar iPhone.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

ldostang is keeping up the good workldostang is keeping up the good work

basically my opinion is people are gonna see the 99 iphone and jump on it but after paying an extra $30 a month for it, they will reconsider too late. unless they already are on att. that has been my main reason not jumping to the iphone. my plan is just too damn sweet to make the switch.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

well after seeing what the pre could do and reading what the next iphone(iphone 3g S) will be capable of.. In my opinion, the Iphone is finally an obsolete device. Even if att or verizon get the phone it will cripple their "exclusive phones, i.e. the storm, and iphone therfore leveling the playing field for the next great touchscreen phone the Pro 2! Lol o and heres the in
fo on the crappy new iphone with all the old features if anyone is interested
http://www.brighthand.com/default.as...le+iPhone+3G+S
Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I still see no improvement if it's still on the ATT network.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

on top of that it wont even get the pic mail and phone as modem when its released on that pitiful network lol
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10...otTopicsBody.1
Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

www.palm.com/ROM has the software update for the Palm Pre. I just don't know if it's downloadable into an .exe file yet.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Epic 4G

nicandalf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
from what ive heard its like the iphone. if the battery is pulled out its like doing a hard reset. which is why apple encased the battery so it couldnt happen by accident....

cus damn if i havent dropped my TP and had the batter come flying out lol...talk about a homer simpson moment..."DOPE!!!!"
LMAO! I've done the same thing many times myself with my Mogul... battery goes flying across the room. Those darn back covers are so weak!

HTC Mogul --> Palm Prē --> HTC EVO 4G
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre