PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Xaeonis is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy sprint pre --> cricket = :(

So Ive been researching and doing things for days now and I still cant figure this out. I honestly think Ive ****ed things up for myself because I gave myself a toy with immense power and did some things I shouldnt have. But thats hardly the point now. Rather, Im trying to figure out how to fix it and make things normal again.

I have a palm pre I wanted on cricket so my girlfriend could have a better phone. Read up on the guides, downloaded the rom's, edited some files, got things going and ready to roll. I decided to do an ESN swap because I had done it to my Epic 4g and it was a cakewalk.

So. The process went something like this.

Downloaded PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.3.treo8 rom.
Installed rom
Booted up, got profile using wifi
Developer mode enabled
USB passthrough enabled
Loaded into QXDM/QPST - got my SPC
(heres where things get interesting)
Changed ESN/MEID (old sprint info -> new cricket info from her old cricket phone)
updated PRL to new cricket PRL
(then I got cocky)
Updated to 1.4.5 WebOS
Everything seemed to work fine, but in QXDM the MEID/ESN were off. So I ran the script again.

And thats where I ****ed myself (methinks). I wrote over some of the memory addresses from 1.4.5 using the old locations from 1.0.3.

Now the Pre is stuck. I cant NVedit ANYTHING in QXDM, as all of the ESN/MEID things are stuck in read-only and I cant fix any of them. Wont let me write to those locations no matter WHAT rom Im in.

Now my question is this - can I get those back? A bunch of WebOS Doctor restores from 1.0.3 to 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 and nothing seems to be fixed.

So I guess I need a COMPLETE NVitem back up...but the problem is, I dont have one because Im dumb and didnt make one. Can I get someone else's pre and do a backup from that? Can I download one online from some nice awesome person that could make one and send it to me?

I guess in the long run Im not THAT hosed, as its just a backup phone, but in the end, I DID want it to be a WORKING backup phone, not just a half-assed PDA.

So, any information would be awesome, as Im gonna be posting this on a NUMBER of other forums.

Thanks for all of the help.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:49 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Id ask this over at the precentral forums. There is really zero webos users here anymore.

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre