PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   webOS 2.0.1 Doctor for sprint and AT&T (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139962)

kill_dano 02-10-2011 12:57 AM

Re: webOS 2.0.1 Doctor for sprint and AT&T

ANyone have 2.1 Dr ? Was that the link posted above? ftp://ftp.usa.hp.com/doctors They are a different size form the 2.0.1 DRs that I have

thephvalue 02-10-2011 01:48 AM

Has anyone successfully put this onto their Verizon Palm Pre Plus?
I am completely unable to install the Verizon doctor on my iMac.
When I open the doctor, it opens up an installer for "Palm(R) webOS(tm) Drivers" and it fails to install every time.

Help?

kill_dano 02-10-2011 03:01 PM

I put it on my srint pre. Try booting your computer with a linux live disc such as ubuntu. Then try installing FreeJDK to use JAva. see if you can get it working that way. IDK I've never done it on a mac. Only on windows and xbuntu

Kr1s 02-10-2011 07:18 PM

I also just installed this onto my Sprint Pre. As of right now there is no way to use your current Palm Profile with this Doctor. You'll have to create a new (and hopefully temporary) one.

I wasn't too happy with this, seeing as how I've got a bunch of paid-for-apps on my Palm Profile, but as long as it's not for too long, I can manage.

I'm going to see if overclocking (via Govnah) is possible right now. It's pretty dang slow, I won't lie.

deduce 02-10-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kr1s (Post 2054392)
I also just installed this onto my Sprint Pre. As of right now there is no way to use your current Palm Profile with this Doctor. You'll have to create a new (and hopefully temporary) one.

I wasn't too happy with this, seeing as how I've got a bunch of paid-for-apps on my Palm Profile, but as long as it's not for too long, I can manage.

I'm going to see if overclocking (via Govnah) is possible right now. It's pretty dang slow, I won't lie.

Overclocking won't work. WebOS Internals have already said they won't support overclocking for an unofficial doctor release. I created a new Palm Profile as well. It's a shame I won't be able to use my paid apps (I've bought over $200 worth of apps so far). There's only a handful of apps that I need so I don't mind double dipping on those.

Thanks ATT-Half for the link and kill_dano for this thread. My friends and family have been bugging me nonstop when they would get their flash player.

MadTiger 02-11-2011 12:57 PM

I am not going to play around. I will just be happy, and jump from Pre to 3 later in the year. Then, I will have my 2.x webOS.

kill_dano 02-11-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deduce (Post 2054466)
Overclocking won't work. WebOS Internals have already said they won't support overclocking for an unofficial doctor release. I created a new Palm Profile as well. It's a shame I won't be able to use my paid apps (I've bought over $200 worth of apps so far). There's only a handful of apps that I need so I don't mind double dipping on those.

Thanks ATT-Half for the link and kill_dano for this thread. My friends and family have been bugging me nonstop when they would get their flash player.

Ah how cute. A hacker group with a moral code of following the rules that are made by the corporations they are trying to hack.

webOS internals is basically an extension of HP if this is true. Shit, HP is already buying them servers and shit. HP has them in their pocket. The *****s over at precentral banned me for talking about the 2.0.1 rom. Why are these *******s stuck in the past?

city313 02-12-2011 10:17 AM

yea they cry alot @ PC ... Any mmmmore links... What dnt work in 2.0

kill_dano 02-12-2011 03:44 PM

Looks like the FTP link is down. take this. sprint.

Dropbox - Palm-webOS-Doctor_webOS-Sprint-pre_pre_sprint.jar - Online backup, file sync, and sharing made easy.

kill_dano 02-12-2011 03:45 PM

the on;ly think I have found is that you can;t overclock past 600mhz. someone said that the proximity sensor didin't work