PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
720/800 mhz boost for your Pre

It's right here

Just followed the directions in the first post and am running at 800mhz. I'll report back with any issues, etc.

late,
Coz

EDIT: Now working for 1.4.1.1!

Last edited by CozBoogie; 04-07-2010 at 12:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: 720/800 mhz boost for your Pre

Beat me to it Coz.

I installed the 720Mhz patch then uninstalled and installed the 800Mhz just to see the difference in speed. This is fast. Instructions to install and uninstall are really easy. No issues as of yet. I'll check back in later.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Installed about 45 minutes ago and seems to be stable. It's fast and getting faster. Really makes a big difference. I can already tell battery life will probably take a hit. I'll report back with more info tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Been running the 800 for about 4 hours. Have had Battery Monitor running all that time as well.

Currently at 86% battery; 3.89% drain per hour, 22.11 hours of remaining life, battery temp is 26C. Most of this time was spent on Sprint service only (e.g., no wifi)...took 2 phone calls, sent/received about 10 texts, and surfed the web for a bit.

The 800mhz is crisp and clean...nice and fast.

late,
Coz
Old 03-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Running smooth and fast all night and all day today. I didn't notice any adverse effects and phone ran cool. I charged as usual during the day and didn't notice a great deal of extra battery drain. Very happy with results so far.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Here are my battery stats running the 800MHz patch:

Running about 3 1/2 hours, battery currently at 77%, Drain per our 15%, Remaining life 5.6 hours, temp 27C. During that time I drove around, had dinner, did some light shopping, took 1 call, 4 texts, took a pic and posted to facebook, did some google searches, received 3 emails and replied to one. Also running WeatherNow during the entire time with updates every 30 mins.

I have had no app issues, lock ups, nor random restarts. So far so good. Will report back tomorrow night since I'll be out and about most of the day tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started

this patch kick ass. I was about to return the this slow POS until this patch came out. make a world of different. phone app came up instant, browser, email, sms instant.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
this patch kick ass. I was about to return the this slow POS until this patch came out. make a world of different. phone app came up instant, browser, email, sms instant.

You should try doing searches using Google Maps or Sprint Navigation. My search results have been nearly instant.
Old 03-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Call me crazy but I believe my battery life is improving with this patch. Today was a normal work day and I had 88% left at 2:00pm. Normally would be between 60 and 70%. Hope it's a trend and not a one time event. More later.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:43 PM

Stats of day 2:

Running about 7 1/2 hours, battery currently at 51% started at 92%, drain per our 5.44%, Remaining life 9.37 hours, temp 31C.

Today no chat fewer emails but did have more calls and texts and used Sprint Navigation.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre