PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Unhappy Looks Like HTC is Out

Did anyone read the article in Reuters? Looks like HTC is passing on the Palm acquisition and Lenovo has become the leading prospect. If Lenovo acquires it does anyone think the price of the WebOS devices will be inflated like the cost of their computer?

Article can be found here.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVo
Carrier: J-Skee Mobility

jskee35 is keeping up the good workjskee35 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jskee35 Send a message via Yahoo to jskee35
Re: Looks Like HTC is Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
Did anyone read the article in Reuters? Looks like HTC is passing on the Palm acquisition and Lenovo has become the leading prospect. If Lenovo acquires it does anyone think the price of the WebOS devices will be inflated like the cost of their computer?

Article can be found here.
doubt it, especially if they want to be competitive with the iPhone, HTC, and Android

WELCOME TO THE COWBOYS DEZ!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sipple31 is becoming a great contributor

I hope someone buys Palm! I love my PPP...
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Someone needs to buy Palm and put WebOS on a tablet.

late,
Coz
Old 04-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post

late,
Coz

yeah so they can over charge for the very limited apps to run on it
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
yeah so they can over charge for the very limited apps to run on it
Kind of like the iPad huh? Or maybe the iPhone? (if you haven't noticed)

There are apps coming into the app store for the iPhone that are costing just as much as some of the iPad apps. I like the apps being created but I also think that the iPad opened up pandoras box for greedy developers.

No matter the cost people are always going to buy them.

But tell me, does that justify charging 10x the price for the same app that is on the iPhone? Maybe if we were allowed to do more...
Old 04-27-2010, 09:12 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Threadstarter

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
The only problem I see now with WebOS being on a tablet is that it doesn't look like there will be no DocToGo for WebOS. If someone esle could develop something similar it definetly would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducylowycz View Post
But tell me, does that justify charging 10x the price for the same app that is on the iPhone? Maybe if we were allowed to do more...

Of course it does. The iPad is like 10x bigger isn't it. lol
Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Yes.. higher resolution justifies the higher price.. Thats pretty much the only difference. The iPad cpu is basically just a higher clocked Cortex A8, it does not blow the iPhone 3GS out of the water in terms of processing power, and actually has the exact same GPU. So its not like the apps are that much more complex due to a faster system..

Apple has a very smart marketing, they know what they can charge and still get people to buy it, apparently they did their research and people are willing to pay more for iPad apps.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Yes.. higher resolution justifies the higher price.. Thats pretty much the only difference. The iPad cpu is basically just a higher clocked Cortex A8, it does not blow the iPhone 3GS out of the water in terms of processing power, and actually has the exact same GPU. So its not like the apps are that much more complex due to a faster system..

Apple has a very smart marketing, they know what they can charge and still get people to buy it, apparently they did their research and people are willing to pay more for iPad apps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
The only problem I see now with WebOS being on a tablet is that it doesn't look like there will be no DocToGo for WebOS. If someone esle could develop something similar it definetly would be great.

Really the iPad is like 4x bigger...I wonder if computer manufacturers should do the same thing?

MS Office = 199.00 for a 10" net book BUT 699.99 for a 17" PC. It is essentially the same principle isn't it?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:15 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Who thinks that Dataviz gets back on board for Palm Pre now that HP is involved?
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre