PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEED HELP with palm profile

my son just bought a palm pre off craigslist. i activated it online through sprint like i always do and i programmed it using the emergency call feature. so it says sprint on top and it has full bars. but everytime he tries to set up his palm profile it gives me an error saying you need to be connected to your wireless service providers network to sing in. what am i missing. it won't let me do anything with this phone untill i sign up for a palm profile. it is a used phone so do i need to wipe it? the wipe instructions i read said you had to go into menus but i can't get any thing to come up other than the palm profile page.

Last edited by nasa1303; 03-19-2010 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: NEED HELP with palm profile

Have you pulled the battery and restarted? Is his orginal phone still turned on and connected to the network? Did you call Sprint? Your network settings and PRL may need to be updated. You might try webdoctor to totally restore. Good luck.

Last edited by wudstock54; 03-20-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

if u dial ##786# and get your msl (unlock code from programming) it should let u wipe it and start over. dont know why but palms are tempermental. that would be my suggestion.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:46 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintgirl View Post
if u dial ##786# and get your msl (unlock code from programming) it should let u wipe it and start over. dont know why but palms are tempermental. that would be my suggestion.
I second that. And let it autoprovision rather than manually programming. You should be good from there on out.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Threadstarter

nasa1303 is becoming a great contributor

that is exactly what i did. i called sprint and the dude DID NOT know what the hell he was doing. he kept saying "let's see" and typing and saying "let's see, well". i found the ##786# googling while i had him on the phone fumbling around. i actually got to the reset option without any help from him. got the msl from him and wiped the device. then it went through the setup and i got the EV logo at top profile set up after that. i never saw the EV logo till i wiped it. that was the problem, the data wasn't provisioned.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Glad you got it fired up. Good luck and happy webos'ing.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DJMatthews33 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to DJMatthews33

Just for future reference ##3282# + the MSL will reset the Data portion without having to go through and wait for the phone to wipe with the ##786#
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre