PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

hannahmanaman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
possibly switching from hero to pre

im getting a little bored with my hero. and my friend was telling me how great the pre was compared to the hero so i thought i would come here and get some other opinions as to if i should trade for a pre or not.

thanks in advance for your thoughts =P
Old 03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cwandrpaul is a n00b
Re: possibly switching from hero to pre

I have a pre and a Droid. I think the Droid is a thousand times better so I have to imagine the hero is as well. I liked the pre at first but cannot stand it now.
Old 03-05-2010, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

adz1966 is keeping up the good workadz1966 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to adz1966 Send a message via Skype™ to adz1966

My wife and son had the Pre. She now has the Treo Pro, and he's looking at my Hero with envy. Too many hardware problems with the Pre IMO.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6950

raziug is becoming a great contributor

I went from a tp to hero, hero to moment, moment to pre. Love my PRE!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003

I have the Hero (somewhere in my house collecting dust) and I also was on the TO2 for a while until I gave the Pre a whack. I since have sold my TP2 and my hero hasn't been activated since 10-23. I love the Pre. It has the best games. We have a grand theft auto type game,doom,quake. The video quality is way better than the Pre. Palm has come out with over 12 uodates for the Pre while you are still waiting for the 2.1 update and the tp2 is still waiting for theits. Browsing is better on the Pre and faster than the Hero or Tp2. Apps are great, facebook,twitter Rss feeds and alot of other. Pre demolishes the Hero on any given sunday. Give it a whirl @ a store and you'll fall in love with the "swoosh". Even bought my girl a pixi as well.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

hannahmanaman is a n00b

hmm after all these posts i still cant decide.. i think im just going to wait for 2.1 and then make my decision then -.- that wait is gonna suck though thanks everyone!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

bog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good workbog3nator is keeping up the good work

i just got my pre a week ago. came from the touch pro. i cant tell you how much i love this phone. i just got a touchstone today and cant wait to use it
Old 03-06-2010, 04:58 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

it's simple. IMHO webOS wipes the floor with the Hero (note that I said webOS and not the Pre) Palm had a really bumpy launch since the Pre is plaiged with hardware issues, from cheap plastiky feel to things like screen blotches and speaker problems. It's supposed to be better with new builds but it really killed the buzz for Palm. Luckily my Pre has no such issues and I could not be happier. I had the Hero and it's a solid device but the CPU killed it's potential to be a real superphone. I got rid of it cuz of the lag (mostly browser and imput) and went back to the Pre which was night and day, It's not blazing fast but not pull-your-hair-out slow like the Hero can get. The screen looks so much better due to it being 32 million colors compared to 64k the Hero gets, browser is a joy to use, camera is 100000 times better (forget megapixels or autofocus, trust me they look waaay better) the pics are so crisp and vibrant due to superior lens that makes the 5mp of the Hero look like rubbish, we have games that only the iPhone can run besifes the Pre (Sims, Avatar, Assasins Creed, Lets Golf, Earthworm Jim, Grand Theft Auto (sorta) Guitar Hero etc. Honestly I made the right choice and toy will love it as well as long as you watch out for hardware issued and get you a solid model.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

My son has a Hero; I have a Diamond & a Pre (wife also has Pre). I'm not getting rid of either the Pre or the Diamond.
At least until the SuperSonic comes to Sprint. Or a WM7 phone.
The Pre with the 1.4.1.1 update, a nice theme and a few patches (especially the CPU scaling- I'm using the 800Mhz) makes for an awesome device.

Last edited by Trident; 04-12-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IMAGIO
Carrier: VERIZON

LUMBAJACKMEH is a n00b

I'm going to side with the Pre. I actually run a pixi right now and i still prefer it to my android phone or my Windows 6.5 phone.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre