PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: possibly switching from hero to pre

I have to have the EVO. I love the Pre and I am sure I will miss the multi-tasking as it is on the Pre, but the EVO combines some of my most favorite hobbies into one package. Cellphone tech, Social Networking, and Photography.

It is like the EVO was made for me. LOL
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I have to agree 110% with NinjaMom, I NEED the Evo LOL! I love my Pre, I don't use it often and haven't for a while, but I do love it. If it felt sturdier I would have used it much more, webOS is just awesome IMO, but the Evo has my <3
Old 04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
I have to have the EVO. I love the Pre and I am sure I will miss the multi-tasking as it is on the Pre, but the EVO combines some of my most favorite hobbies into one package. Cellphone tech, Social Networking, and Photography.

It is like the EVO was made for me. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
I have to agree 110% with NinjaMom, I NEED the Evo LOL! I love my Pre, I don't use it often and haven't for a while, but I do love it. If it felt sturdier I would have used it much more, webOS is just awesome IMO, but the Evo has my <3

These are some of the things I have been sending Palm trying to entice them to send me some kind of response to what their comback will be. So far nothing.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Well, I got a house full of Pres.... So I will still be in the Pre community since it is up to me to keep everyone's phones up to date. LOL But I am really hoping the EVO will be a belated anniversary present. LOL
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

My suggestion is to think about what you need in a phone. It's easier to trade a Hero for a Pre, but harder to trade a Pre for a Hero. Both phones have pros and cons, The Pre has multitasking, a hardware keyboard, and a more compact form factor. While the Hero has a larger screen, a larger screen and better battery life. don't make the switch just to do it, make sure it will suit your needs better.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
My suggestion is to think about what you need in a phone. It's easier to trade a Hero for a Pre, but harder to trade a Pre for a Hero. Both phones have pros and cons, The Pre has multitasking, a hardware keyboard, and a more compact form factor. While the Hero has a larger screen, a larger screen and better battery life. don't make the switch just to do it, make sure it will suit your needs better.
i hardly think that a 0.1' difference in screen size is worth mentioning it twice lol

but yes, i agree with everything you say, whatever fits your needs best
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

dmora01 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
let me put it this way...

i went from the touch pro to the Pre...

Pre to Hero...

back to the Pre...

Pre for touch Pro 2...

back to the Pre...

Pre to the Moment...

im currently looking for another Pre...

webOS is HANDS DOWN the best OS available now, the combination of a great browser, multitasking, email, games, sync etc. is second to none ( i say combination because a lot of devices excel at some things but sucks at others, but webOS is IMO great at everything it currently does) I keep wanting to try other devices that appeal to me due to the "grass is greener" symdrome, but i always come to realize that i miss webOS too much to stay with something else... now with the 800mhz patch it will run even faster circles around the Hero. Gonna be tough wanting to get the EVO... i wish that Palm would at least announce something new before the EVO hits
How do you change phones like that? Do you still in the 30 days?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmora01 View Post
How do you change phones like that? Do you still in the 30 days?
i have a local classifieds website thats huge here in puerto rico, so i can very easily sell or trade a device locally for another one if i get bored with it lol, the thing is that there is ALWAYS someone that has what you want and is willing to trade

ps. i have my Pre now lol, just in time for the 800MHZ overclock, N.O.V.A and Sandstorm games (HALO and Modern Warefare BTW)
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

My wife has a Hero and I cant tell you the aount of times I have had to reset, hard reset that phone because of issues with the OS. Im hoping 2.1 helps with the problems with the Hero and I have been leaning on the wife to get a Pre. She doesnt like the keyboard but IMO the Hero is half baked right now. Im still debating on getting the Evo at launch and if I do, there will be 2 bought. I wish Palm had leaked some info on the future Pre. June will be a tough month. I do believe WebOS is better than Android.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre