PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Need Assistance with Palm Pre on Cricket Network (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112719)

cyberneticdna 03-02-2010 04:37 PM

Need Assistance with Palm Pre on Cricket Network

Hello Everyone :mrgreen:

Just got a palm pre recently that had been flashed to cricket's network. CDMA is new to me I have a HTC Fuze (Touch Pro) and have changed roms, etc. etc. on that phone :) but I'm having problems understanding the dynamics of the Pre.

I purchased the phone that was previously flashed. I'm trying to get the Pre App Store working properly. As of now internet is working, gps, mms, talk, text. For some odd reason when I try to access Palm Pre App store I get "App store is unavailable, try again later" doh! ](*,)

Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I would be more then happy to give more information if needed. I don't have the phone with me at the moment to upload screen shots, etc.

Please Help:scratch:

cyberneticdna 03-08-2010 09:59 AM

Re: Need Assistance with Palm Pre on Cricket Network

So far on this issue I have did a partial reset and I have installed preware. On preware I have disabled feeds Palm catalog & Palm catalog updates if I not mistaken. When I try to install Friends book or any other application that isn't tied to the app store it doesn't install. I have noticed that I don't see the icon for the package manager, but in preware it does show it is installed. I'm using Web OS 1.3.1 and the most update preware.

Please let me know if anyone has any other troubleshooting steps I can take to get this operational.

Thanks!!!

jyv18 03-11-2010 05:39 AM

Hello guys need the same help if anyone can help us resolve this. I have palm pre fully flashed to cricket, everything works except the Palm Catalog app and I know it has something to do with the Palm Pre Profile which i cant create either.

Any help?

theclerk74 03-11-2010 11:49 AM

I believe you need to have a profile set up with Palm. I have one from when I had my Pre with Sprint. You can try and set one up by running "First Use", but I don't know if it will work. I tried to make a new profile, and got an error.

cyberneticdna 03-24-2010 10:27 AM

Any help on setting up Preware. I'm able to access the applications, but it doesn't allow me to download and install them. When I'm clicking the install button nothing happens and this is with preware with the app catalog disabled. Any ideas? ](*,) :angry7:

sanmanc 03-24-2010 11:38 AM

Try these links:

WebOS Quick Install
Preware

Post back if you have issues.

CozBoogie 03-24-2010 12:53 PM

^^^^^What he said!

late,
Coz

theclerk74 03-26-2010 02:20 PM

That should work, but in even in Preware, if you have the Palm Catalog as a source... It still won't let you install any of those apps. I believe you can install any others though.

Thing is, with the Cricket "ROM" that's being sold, one of the bugs is not being able to setup a Palm Profile. I have read that there is a work around, but it's not so easy. Basically, you need to flash a WebOS that bypasses activation, use Wifi to create a Profile and then reflash the Cricket "ROM"... Problem with this, is that you have to make/find a Meta Dotored WebOS, AND have access to the Cricket "ROM", which is being sold for $200 I believe.

I guess another option would be to see if anyone has a Pre that isn't flashed, and see if they would mind doing a full erase, and let you create a profile from that phone. My profile I created when the Pre first came out works just fine on my new Pre that is flashed to Cricket, so that should work as well.