PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Palm Treo 800w
Carrier: Sprint

czrman99 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: is the Pre worth it for me?

I have the Palm Pre. I've had it for 3 weeks now. The WebOs is great, the few issues that I had with preferences have all been solved with HomeBrew Patches, and applications. I will admit that the device is kind of cheap plasticy feel to it but its all about the OS. I had a Treo 800w (WinMO 6.1) and I was happy with it, until I tried WebOS. One of the things that I hated the most was the lack of Upgrading from one WinMO version to another (except for very select phones).

Before I got the PRE I had a DROID for a week, It was a well built phone, BUT just like RAFY0003 stated above TOO SIMPLE
Old 02-19-2010, 09:56 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by czrman99 View Post
I have the Palm Pre. I've had it for 3 weeks now. The WebOs is great, the few issues that I had with preferences have all been solved with HomeBrew Patches, and applications. I will admit that the device is kind of cheap plasticy feel to it but its all about the OS. I had a Treo 800w (WinMO 6.1) and I was happy with it, until I tried WebOS. One of the things that I hated the most was the lack of Upgrading from one WinMO version to another (except for very select phones).

Before I got the PRE I had a DROID for a week, It was a well built phone, BUT just like RAFY0003 stated above TOO SIMPLE

thanks for your opinion

I don't know about the droid being "too simple" it seems you didn't really utilize android the way it can be. Pretty much any winmo device can be upgraded to 6.5 with mods, tweaks, etc... but webos does look pretty cool.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

migg is a n00b

Incubated - As much as Ive grown to like winmo over the last 2 years, I completely agree with your post. I hate having the phone lag,freeze, screen randomly display bits and pieces of the previous screen which I had just closed or just do some random crap when all I need to do is answer/make a call or a text or some simple task.

Mike - From your experience, would you still rather have the pre if it were a choice between a stock tp, tp2 and stock palm pre?
I just started searching tonight about the pre, so I don't know too much about it yet and seeing you've had all 3 phones, I'd be nice to hear what your thoughts are.

I have to look into what you have to do to get the pre to tether for free. That's one thing I def love about the pro. It can tether through usb or wifi and that it works on any computer without having to install any drivers on the computer/laptop itself.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After the news today from Palm, I wouldn't get the Pre or Pixie... There is serious doubts on whether Palm can survive. Which is too bad because WebOS is really a worthy mobile OS. Palm just didn't have to scale and made the mistake of going with Sprint first.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dutch169 is just getting started

What news?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre