PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   alright pre fans... talk it up. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106026)

DiamondsAreForever 01-13-2010 12:30 AM

alright pre fans... talk it up.

im on the htc diamond right now and my upgrade is coming up in 2 weeks. im looking at the pre, so put up your sales pitches guys and girls. whats good and whats not regarding the pre? i hear alot of bad things, but also alot of amazing things, so fill me in please :scratch:

GRobl 01-13-2010 09:15 AM

Don't do it, unless you like to wait and hope forever...

If you are looking for a phone that is like the I Phone, then go get an I phone cause this is not it. I like my pre some days and hate it on others. I am going to still stick with it and see where this phone goes, which maybe far sooner then later, only cause i am in a 2 year deal with them. I wish i had 2 weeks left and not 2 years. This phone multitasks really good!

Leukay 01-13-2010 11:31 AM

Re: alright pre fans... talk it up.

The pre was a pretty good phone, but I moved on to android and I'll tell you why. My only real gripe about the pre was the app catalog. NOT because of the quantity of apps, no that would be stupid. What bothered me was the pricing on everything. I thought by now maybe the prices would go down, but the new games that even just came out are like 9.99. I can get a comparable game on android for 1.99 with a 24 hour return(full refund) policy. If you're okay with paying too much for apps and possibly having to exchange it due to build quality issues once or twice to find a good one, then go for it. WebOS is a great new operating system (multitasking is second to none), and the pre's hardware (internals like the cpu and gpu) is fantastic.

hope I helped a little bit :)

polo 01-13-2010 05:35 PM

I'm going to tell you that I'm a really BIG FAN of windows in general and I miss the stilus and the busy time trying to get a wimo phone working beter but what you need to ask yourself is what use I'm going to give to this new device, me for example never going to use nothing without a hard keyboard but over all PRE is the best phone I ever use. But again is jus my opinion. What I allways tell my friends don't spend 2500 $ in a pc just to navigate internet and read emails

sabinblitz 01-13-2010 05:38 PM

If your on Sprint, I'd wait for some of the phones with the Snapdragon chipset in them, which could be out as early as Q1. I know its tempting to hop on a new phone once the contract expires especially if its extremely outdated, but I'd hold off. If you can't wait, the Droid is pretty snazzy with the little I've played with it (if you don't mind switching to Verizon), I like the Hero, and I like the Pre.

DiamondsAreForever 01-15-2010 07:18 PM

well guys I thought you all deserved a thanks for responding and chiming in with your valuable opinions. Against all odds I have made my final decision. Once again, thanks to each of you.... Oh yea I almost forgot, this keyboard is awesome on my new pre :)

Carla 01-16-2010 12:39 AM

Glad you like your new Pre.

DiamondsAreForever 01-16-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1493011)
Glad you like your new Pre.

to be honest, theres only one thing that winmo has over webos. winmo you can do ANYTHING you want to your phone, webos seems a little limited, but take the stability any day. aside from the limits, i love this phone :mrgreen:

Carla 01-16-2010 09:34 PM

Limited in what way? Just curious as to your opinion :)

spiritcrusher33 01-16-2010 10:32 PM

he prolly just meant with webos u can customize things but still limited..vs wm...where u can pretty much do anything u can imagine!!!!

I do miss webos.. but will wait it out to see what happens this year with sprint and palm..

so its the hero for me atm.. lovin me some android..lol