PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Palm Pre Apps

Please list and give a brief review (pros/cons) and a link of new apps that you have downloaded for your Palm Pre.

late,
Coz
Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Palm Pre Apps

There are reviews in the App store. If you don;t have a Pre and want to know about the apps then freaken get one!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
There are reviews in the App store. If you don;t have a Pre and want to know about the apps then freaken get one!
Dude uncalled for. This forum is for actual users to express their opinions on these devices. Some people may be waiting to purchase this or any device and want to read if it will be worth it for them.

This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

One app I like, even tho I do not have a Pre, is the Fandango app. For example, you can purchase 4 tickets for a movie, then select three of your friends from your contacts to send a text message with the movie name, time, and info on it all from inside the Fandango app.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good workrobp23 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
I hope you meant to add a insert sarcasm?

Thank god for my Scotch and Irish blood!
Blow'em Up, Shoot'em Down', Make'em ALL Hug The Ground!
Know your rights! Don't let the beaurocrats make your choices. Remember "For the people, by the people"
Old 06-09-2009, 07:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond

cambo2121 is a n00b
Smile Re: Palm Pre Apps

i just got the palm pre and i really like the how smooth Pandora radio runs, unlike my old diamond.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond, Palm Pre

alan7467 is keeping up the good workalan7467 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
One app I like, even tho I do not have a Pre, is the Fandango app. For example, you can purchase 4 tickets for a movie, then select three of your friends from your contacts to send a text message with the movie name, time, and info on it all from inside the Fandango app.
That sounds pretty sweet.
TouchPal Keyboard

Pre running... errr 1.1...
Old 06-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Siflan is keeping up the good workSiflan is keeping up the good work

My teammate has the Pre. I've played with it a little and it's pretty smooth. I still can't get over that small hard keyboard. Just takes me back to my Treo days and I moved on long ago.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sracercelica is keeping up the good worksracercelica is keeping up the good work

i like the AP app, I cant live without the news so I like it.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Zyphlin is keeping up the good workZyphlin is keeping up the good work

The only 3rd party app I've used extensively so far is the Accuweather app.

Aestheticly it looks wonderful. A Black and Grey lined background hangs in the background as if going off to the horizon, giving a "TouchFlo3D" feel to the app.

The different headings throughout follow the general Pre feel of the nice rounded menu's with a gradient black/grey color.

The icons are nice, with the colors jumping out even on the smaller ones thanks to the nice screen.

Usability wise it has autolocation if you wish to have the GPS pick up where you are or you can enter in your location manually. It gives the currently recorded temperature along with the "Realfeel" temp along with humidity, wind speed, and moon phase for the day.

It also displays a list of the next 4 days along with the current showing high and low and an icon of the general weather for the day. It can be slid to show up to 2 weeks of projected days. Under that area is a text area that tells you a little additional snippet about the day, such as "A strong afternoon t-storm". This annoying at times gets covered by an ad.

Below that is a bar that gives multiple options ranging from the standard screen, an hour by hour screen of hte current day (I really like this), a radar screenshot for the time of the last update, and then finally what seems like a list of random weather related things (arthritis, astma, bbq, beach going, etc) and a comment about how fair the weather is in relation to those things.

[For example, today it has Arthritis listed as Fair, BBQ as listed as fair, having a Cold lited as Excellent, and Lawn Mowing as Poor]

Over all a really nice and robust little weather client that also has a great look to it.

Will try to give more reviews as I use my 3rd party apps more.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre