PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

lxnyce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reception/Network Issue With 1.3.5

After installing 1.3.5 with the supposedly better reception, my Pre keeps going into a "searching..." mode for reception and never returns.

Keep in mind that before 1.3.5, I have never had any reception issues since I run with the Airave at home. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's starting to frustrate me. It's happened every day so far since the update.

Restarting the phone solves the problem, however the problem is I don't know when the phone goes into that state, so I am missing calls and txts all day long.

I've been a Pre fan ever since I got my phone, but this is starting to make any android phone look good right about now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown_2010-02-01_094413.jpg (18.7 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Reception/Network Issue With 1.3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxnyce View Post
After installing 1.3.5 with the supposedly better reception, my Pre keeps going into a "searching..." mode for reception and never returns.

Keep in mind that before 1.3.5, I have never had any reception issues since I run with the Airave at home. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's starting to frustrate me. It's happened every day so far since the update.

Restarting the phone solves the problem, however the problem is I don't know when the phone goes into that state, so I am missing calls and txts all day long.

I've been a Pre fan ever since I got my phone, but this is starting to make any android phone look good right about now.
Maybe the new radio upgrade will not work in your area with your phone. I have two touches and they both have different radios because one radio works better on one of the Touches than the other.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

My wife just got a Pre yesterday and we have to take it back, bad reception when it rings and now it wont ring.. we did a restore on ##3282# like twice each time it rang once and then never again. Where can I get the radio upgrade.. sorry I am new to Pre
Old 01-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lxnyce is a n00b

Unfortunately I think you have a different issue. After I updated to the 1.3.5.1 upgrade, my reception issues have almost vanished. It's only went back into that state once in the past week.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2, htc hero,palm pre
Carrier: sprint,cricket

shawnageek is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to shawnageek

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
Maybe the new radio upgrade will not work in your area with your phone. I have two touches and they both have different radios because one radio works better on one of the Touches than the other.

seen this problem update your prl its in your phone options when your in your phones key pad in left corner. how do i know this well i had my phone to cricket and it changed my prl back to sprint. also wanted to know if you want to team up and make a custom roms for the palm pre dont know where to start.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre