PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Reception/Network Issue With 1.3.5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104306)

lxnyce 01-02-2010 10:51 AM

Reception/Network Issue With 1.3.5

1 Attachment(s)
After installing 1.3.5 with the supposedly better reception, my Pre keeps going into a "searching..." mode for reception and never returns.

Keep in mind that before 1.3.5, I have never had any reception issues since I run with the Airave at home. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's starting to frustrate me. It's happened every day so far since the update.

Restarting the phone solves the problem, however the problem is I don't know when the phone goes into that state, so I am missing calls and txts all day long.

I've been a Pre fan ever since I got my phone, but this is starting to make any android phone look good right about now.

whitey10tc 01-05-2010 12:49 AM

Re: Reception/Network Issue With 1.3.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by lxnyce (Post 1455300)
After installing 1.3.5 with the supposedly better reception, my Pre keeps going into a "searching..." mode for reception and never returns.

Keep in mind that before 1.3.5, I have never had any reception issues since I run with the Airave at home. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's starting to frustrate me. It's happened every day so far since the update.

Restarting the phone solves the problem, however the problem is I don't know when the phone goes into that state, so I am missing calls and txts all day long.

I've been a Pre fan ever since I got my phone, but this is starting to make any android phone look good right about now.

Maybe the new radio upgrade will not work in your area with your phone. I have two touches and they both have different radios because one radio works better on one of the Touches than the other.

playya 01-13-2010 11:42 AM

My wife just got a Pre yesterday and we have to take it back, bad reception when it rings and now it wont ring.. we did a restore on ##3282# like twice each time it rang once and then never again. Where can I get the radio upgrade.. sorry I am new to Pre

lxnyce 01-14-2010 12:26 PM

Unfortunately I think you have a different issue. After I updated to the 1.3.5.1 upgrade, my reception issues have almost vanished. It's only went back into that state once in the past week.

shawnageek 02-09-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1461480)
Maybe the new radio upgrade will not work in your area with your phone. I have two touches and they both have different radios because one radio works better on one of the Touches than the other.

seen this problem update your prl its in your phone options when your in your phones key pad in left corner. how do i know this well i had my phone to cricket and it changed my prl back to sprint. also wanted to know if you want to team up and make a custom roms for the palm pre dont know where to start.