PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

supark is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
major Pre issues - power off for no reason and very slow

I have been the bane of iphone users everywhere, showing off how much better my Pre is to theirs. Unfortunately, as of late I've wanted to throw the thing out the window more often than not.

Two major issues that have cropped up in the past few weeks. First is that the phone powers off for no apparent reason, randomly, with a full charge. Sometimes it will stay on for hours and other times it will shut off after only seconds.

Second is weird slowness and sporadic errors of "too many cards open" when I have no cards open.

I have had other less major issues, but one of the more "minor" issues is that the headphone jack is almost unusable now because the connection is really faulty. Also, the sides of the phone around the keyboard have deep grooves in them from the sliding action of the phone. This is by the way my third palm pre (I ended up going through 3 in the launch week and finally ended up with one that I thought was going to be issue free...)

I'm bringing it to the store to get it troubleshot, but right now I'm tempted to just go the Motorola Droid route with verizon because the Pre is the only phone that's keeping me with sprint..
Old 01-02-2010, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mwheeler1982 is keeping up the good workmwheeler1982 is keeping up the good work
Re: major Pre issues - power off for no reason and very slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by supark View Post
I have been the bane of iphone users everywhere, showing off how much better my Pre is to theirs. Unfortunately, as of late I've wanted to throw the thing out the window more often than not.

Two major issues that have cropped up in the past few weeks. First is that the phone powers off for no apparent reason, randomly, with a full charge. Sometimes it will stay on for hours and other times it will shut off after only seconds.

Second is weird slowness and sporadic errors of "too many cards open" when I have no cards open.

I have had other less major issues, but one of the more "minor" issues is that the headphone jack is almost unusable now because the connection is really faulty. Also, the sides of the phone around the keyboard have deep grooves in them from the sliding action of the phone. This is by the way my third palm pre (I ended up going through 3 in the launch week and finally ended up with one that I thought was going to be issue free...)

I'm bringing it to the store to get it troubleshot, but right now I'm tempted to just go the Motorola Droid route with verizon because the Pre is the only phone that's keeping me with sprint..
I traded up to a pre from a touch pro. I didn't even get the touch pro sent back to sprint before the pre broke. Mine was powering itself off when I'd slide open/closed the keyboard. It did it new years eve and wouldn't power back on. So, after 4 days with a nice pre, i'm back to that damn touch pro.

Hopefully my replacement pre will be here tuesday so that I can get back into this century.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

supark is a n00b

hmm so I was able to get a new palm pre as the issues I was having were covered under the manufacturer 1 year warranty. Yesterday it turned off by itself again... hmmm
Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pre
Carrier: sprint

hobiedon is a n00b

My issue is that my videos on my phone quit playing. They were all working before the 1.3.5.1 update. The ERROR I get is "There was an error playing the file. The videos/movies are in mp4 format which like I said worked before this last update. Anyone else have this problem? I've reloaded and reset after reload and nothing seems to work
Old 01-12-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

supark is a n00b

Returning my fourth Palm Pre today. I hate this phone right now
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre