PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mjoshi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help - New Palm Pre user stuck on firmware 1.1.0

Hi,

I've been using TP and TP2 for a while now and recently got Palm Pre. I still like my TP2 it has its own advantages compared to any other platform. I'm on my second Palm Pre within one week of ownership.
My first one was having issues staying in EVDO and was swithing between EV & 1xRtt. Also it was turning into toaster while downloading apps/mp3 from Amazon or streaming data. Also it started throwing error code 129 on my phone. Sprint store finally replaced my phone today. I got new one today because I was under 30 days with my first one.
Now with new one which I received it shows me firmware 1.1.0 in device info. When I try update it, it spins for sometime and then comes back with message stating you've latest firmware. Also it seems the new one has some wiggle between two halves compared to my older one. I called Sprint 888 number and it seems the tech support had zero clue about what I was talking. He didnt even knew that the new firmware 1.3.5 is out.
Anyone else here experienced similar issues with their Pre ? I checked my PRE's matunfacturing date and it seems it was manufactured on 10/14/2009. I'm not 100% sure if I should keep Pre or move over to HTC Hero ? I really like the interface of Pre but not too happy with QC department of Palm.
TIA

M
Old 01-25-2010, 11:31 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc
Re: Help - New Palm Pre user stuck on firmware 1.1.0

I wouldn't bother calling and rather go straight to a Sprint store and show them your issue. I've rarely had success with tech support over the phone in a long time. If you want you can always try WebOS Doctor and see if you can force the OS upgrade.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

mjoshi is a n00b
Re: Help - New Palm Pre user stuck on firmware 1.1.0

Thanks for your update, actually it seemed to be more of an issue with server. I was able to update my phone OTA later. But you are right there is very little help when it comes to calling Sprint's tech support.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre