PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 09:38 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
okay i bought the pre...now what do i do?

just bought a new palm pre instead of the hero. can you guys give me some helpful links to unlock the phone and theme it? maybe give me some tricks of the trade for a better experience?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: okay i bought the pre...now what do i do?

okay i figured out how to set the ringtone and change the wallpaper, google sync my contacts. i did some reading and im gonna wait to root until im comfy.

couple questions for a noob here:

how can i get yahoo messenger to work ?

can i set a separate tones for texts and emails?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

No need to root your phone. Get webos quick install from precentral.net. Install it on your computer. Put your pre in dev mode by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your pre. Connect via to computer via usb. Select just charge on the pre.
Open quick install...The 3rd button on the right...push it. Select all feeds. Install the package manager first. Then preware.

Disconnect the pre. Turn off dev mode by typing in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

Then open preware on the pre and have fun!
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali

Last edited by NinjaMom; 11-12-2009 at 11:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

khalid7412002 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
No need to root your phone. Get webos quick install from precentral.net. Install it on your computer. Put your pre in dev mode by typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on your pre. Connect via to computer via usb. Select just charge on the pre.
Open quick install...The 3rd button on the right...push it. Select all feeds. Install the package manager first. Then preware.

Disconnect the pre. Turn off dev mode by typing in upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart

Then open preware on the pre and have fun!

do you have to keep the pre in dev mode to able to apply patches later on?

Last edited by NinjaMom; 11-12-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalid7412002 View Post
do you have to keep the pre in dev mode to able to apply patches later on?
For webos quick install, the phone will need to be in dev mode. But you only really need webos quick install to install preware for the first time. After that... all tweaks and themes can be done through preware ON THE PHONE.

With preware, the phone DOES NOT need to be in dev mode. There is also a tweak in preware for an icon so that dev mode is easier to get to then the code.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

got it all set up with preware and i love this phone, way better and faster than my touch vogue & blackberry. i don't know why there is soo much hate for it, it's a darn nice phone.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

exactly how i feel..people like to hate on the pre and i dont know why.. I love it..
Old 11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
#1 troll!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
exactly how i feel..people like to hate on the pre and i dont know why.. I love it..

yeah i mean it still has the feel of android which i also digg. this thing is as good as an iphone or hero as far as im concerned. i got a great deal on the pre new and im glad i took the offer. ill probably keep this for quite awhile.

i do wish the battery life was a bit better but honestly it's not much worse than my vogue was running a custom 6.5 rom.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

the best decision i made was the seidio 2600 mAh extended battery.. def made my pre easier to type and hold on to.. and the extra juice it awesome.. added alittle girth to it. but now its solid...
Old 11-14-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

krayzie7th is a n00b

I guess i am joining you fixxxer i just got my pre today.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre