PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   well my pre is broke.lol (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=101755)

spiritcrusher33 12-14-2009 09:05 PM

well my pre is broke.lol

Long story short...I had it charging on my dresser..next thing i know its on the floor chewed up and the screen jacked up.. lol i think my daughters dog got a hold of it.. R.I.P my pre.. it was a nice ride..

So now im just gonna reactivate my old sanyo mm-9000 til jan.. then cancel me and my wifes lines.. we both are now t-mobile.. she liked my touch pro 2 so much i had to order her one too.. she got the same deal as me.. fre tp2 and $60.00 bluetooth headset and free activation..

I must say the tp2 build quality is miles ahead of the tp 1.. anyway im down but now out..my daughter is getting a pixie for xmas..her line will be the only one active on sprint atm.. just incase we dont like t-mobile i can just re-add me and the wife later..

CozBoogie 12-15-2009 12:54 PM

Re: well my pre is broke.lol

Sorry to hear about the Pre (post up some pics of the damage and of that "shamey dog").

Hope you enjoy going back to Windows Mobile. Give us an update soon about the differences (pros and cons) of WM versus WebOS since you've been an active WebOS and WM user.

late,
Coz

spiritcrusher33 12-15-2009 02:49 PM

well i already miss my pre...the ease of use..and the quick get in and get out....with wm it def takes longer to do the simple things like check email, text message etc...always has..but im really diggin the touch pro 2..kinda reminds me of the 6700 very solid in hand..oh and the screen is amazing..

even though im on t-mobile now i wont really miss the 3.5 jack that the sprint and verizon models have..if needed the adapter will suit my needs..tomtom, streaming music etc..i will def miss pandora from the pre..as it basicly sucks on wm....this is my first gsm phone so have alot of learning to do..since i came from sprint and cdma in general..will def miss being able to flash to mightyroms etc..right .now im using energyrom sense 2.5 with dusk installed..and it looks so good. well gotta run to take some cookies to my daughter at school..

will def write a better pros and cons vs pre and the tp2 when i get back..

Carla 12-15-2009 07:28 PM

And post pictures.

spiritcrusher33 12-15-2009 08:57 PM

in due time lol..helping me girls do homework right now....can say this the touchpro 2 has impressed me so far...everything from gps to webbrowsing is miles ahead from the diamond and tp 1.. tomtom7 and igo8 work great and look so nice on this 3.6 inch screen....opera mini 4.2 rocks even on edge speed..which i get in my house..the only drawback to t-mobile i roam on att in my house..but its free roaming..and i run wifi anyway..but got great coverage everywhere else..

ups should be here any minute with my wifes tp2...she cant wait.lol. gonna have to dumb down a few things for here though..prolly stick with the stock rom for a bit to get her used to it..this is her first smartphone.

sanmanc 12-15-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlaDarla (Post 1415900)
And post pictures.

+1. I want something scary to show my kids.

Carla 12-15-2009 11:51 PM

LMAO!! I just want them out of curiosity, I don't want to scare anyone lol!

smoove21 12-16-2009 01:32 AM

I must agree, the tp2 is one beautiful device. They keyboard is just perfect, not to big/small. The device is so solidly built. Nothing wiggles,the screen slides and tilts into perfect position. The screen is jimungus and gorgeous lol. I wish it was capacitive because it would make it the best qwerty slider ive seen and used.