PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Carrier: Sprint

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Palm and Sprint getting sued over data loss

I didn't think it would come to this but I did become victim of data loss after the last update 1.3.1. I soon after got rid of the phone due to this and other issues.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...#ixzz0ZMwmYeQP

Last edited by jjday7; 12-11-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Palm and Sprint getting sued over data loss

Bummer to hear about your data loss. Never trust just one source for backing up of important stuff. I don't care if you have to print out your contacts from Outlook and re-enter them by hand...do whatever it takes to back that stuff up.

And I don't know what the lawsuit hopes to resolve. I think the more we rely on cloud services and digital formats for everything...the more problems we're going to see.

late,
Coz
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I have to agree. You always need a back-up, and even a back-up of a back-up is a good idea if it's really important. I have all my stuff backed up with Outlook, Google and Yahoo. So somehow it's getting back on my phone lol.

Cozarla!
Old 12-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post

Cozarla!
Nice!

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero
Threadstarter

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

In my case I did have my data backed up but this was by luck. I had my hero at the same time as the pre and when I was transitioning off the pre I for some odd reason synced my info to the pre through google. I was really lucky because soon after, I did web os doctor and all my data didn't come back. I would have been screwed if I didn't load google sync on my hero.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Wow how lame..it sucks many lost their backups.. but pretty stupid to file a lawsuit..

oh well...on a side note. i just joined t-mobile and got a free touchpro 2.lol

but will continue to use my pre as my main phone..
Old 12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to Carla

T-Mobile is giving free TP2's for new contracts?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nexus One-Sold, Evo, Epic
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

turb0rexx is a n00b

Quote:
I have to agree. You always need a back-up, and even a back-up of a back-up is a good idea if it's really important. I have all my stuff backed up with Outlook, Google and Yahoo. So somehow it's getting back on my phone lol.

Cozarla!
That's what I do, a back up of a back up lol. Backed up on my Mac, Google and Yahoo.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:53 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

Quote:

Cozarla!
Cozarla..lol

+1 I do agree that multiple backups should be kept with critical data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
Wow how lame..it sucks many lost their backups.. but pretty stupid to file a lawsuit...
It is pretty stupid to file a lawsuit especially since there are ways of backing up data on you device. Can you imaging how many lawsuits would be filed if everyone who lost data on any electronic device would go to court?

Old 12-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
T-Mobile is giving free TP2's for new contracts?
ya through www.wmdeals.com all i did was call the 800 number. talked to a very nice lady.. she set me up..free tp2 free jabra bluetooth headset..and free activation.. total cost out zero..lol thats a steal.. i got the data only plan for 39 a month + unlimited text and pic mms.. for 10 bucks..so 49 a month..not to bad. cept out where i live i think im roaming on att. even though they say i have great coverage.. I have wifi at home..so no big deal..and when i get to town or to mesquite etc.. i have 3g.. so far ive unlocked it and install energyrom. with sense 2.5... my wife wants one now..lol she said after using her sisters iphone.. she said the tp2 is way better..so looks like im back to wm..( well part time that is.. my pre is my first love atm )
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre