PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can I sell my Palm Pre?

Hey everyone here's my situation...

I have a touch pro right now but the sprint tech support offered me a palm pre in replacement for it...

I am out of contract right now and they offered me the phone because of recurring keyboard and oil spot problems on my touch pro. They will not offer me the hero or the touch pro 2 or I would stick with it.

I've been playing with the droid from verizon and seriously loving them. My question is... can I get the pre, return my touch pro and just cancel my plan with sprint. Pocket the money from selling the pre New In Box.

Can Sprint do anything about something like that? I'm not in contract... I can activate an older phone... Would it matter at all?

Thanks for the advice!

ConkiD
Old 12-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Can I sell my Palm Pre?

If you're out of contract why not just sell your Touch Pro for a few bucks and go to Verizon and the droid?

As soon as you accept Sprint's offer on the Pre you're be signing up for a new 2 year contract. After that if you sell your Pre you still have the 2 year contract to deal with and the Early Termination Fees if you try to get out of your contract.

Take the route of least hassle.

late,
Coz
Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

conkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good workconkid is keeping up the good work

No i'm out of contract they are replacing my device for manufacturer defects. I'm not resigning a contract or anything. They are simply offering me a different phone from the multiple device exchange because my touch pro has malfunctioned so many times.

Should I ask if this effects my contract at all? I have been out of contract for a couple of years. I would just sell my touch pro but its got a nasty oil spot and keyboard problems. Nobody wants this POS.

Conkid
Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

I'm not sure how you can be out of contract and still have Sprint service.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
I'm not sure how you can be out of contract and still have Sprint service.
When your typical 2 year contract expires and you don't re-up with your carrier you are considered to be "out of contract". All this means is that you don't have any sort of commitment left and can bail on the carrier at any time. Just because you're out of contract doesn't mean that your service ends....you keep getting bills and have all of the features of your last contract.

Being out of contract can be a very lucrative position to be in as you now have a bit of leverage with your carrier.

late,
Coz
Old 12-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Coz-erator

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkid View Post
No i'm out of contract they are replacing my device for manufacturer defects. I'm not resigning a contract or anything. They are simply offering me a different phone from the multiple device exchange because my touch pro has malfunctioned so many times.

Should I ask if this effects my contract at all? I have been out of contract for a couple of years. I would just sell my touch pro but its got a nasty oil spot and keyboard problems. Nobody wants this POS.

Conkid
Ahhhhh....I think I understand the situation better now. I would definitely ensure that your new phone doesn't come with a new 2 year contract.

If your contract is not re-upped, then yeah...you could sell the new phone and go over to Verizon.

late,
Coz
Old 12-03-2009, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

cool thanks!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jofergus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by conkid View Post

Conkid
your phone is being replaced by the service plan so it will have no effect on your contract, as long as they swap it correctly, but it should not effect you. i have/had a pre and i really like it, it exceeded all of my expectations of it, i then went into a hero and really like it as well. if it were me, i would get the pre and see how you like it, and then if you aren't happy you can make your move elsewhere
Old 12-14-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro

Kru83 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Kru83 Send a message via MSN to Kru83 Send a message via Yahoo to Kru83

if they swap the phone you will have to return the old one, if they give you upgrade on the phone you can keep the old one and sell it
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

If Sprint is looking to upgrade your Touch Pro due to hardware issues, shouldn't you get the Touch Pro 2?

I have the Pre. Like it ok ( I miss the power of WinMo...but not the headaches). I also think that you could probably sell the TP2 for more than the Pre, but i could be totally wrong with that assumption.

At any rate, I think the Pre shouldn't be in line with the Touch Pro. THe TP2 should come as a replacement if they don't have any good TPs for you.

nb

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre