PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 12:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

PaulB007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PaulB007 Send a message via MSN to PaulB007
How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

Let me tell you, the Touch Pro had to be the WORST phone I have ever owned. It always locked up, it was so god awfully slow too. The keyboard went out a few times, and I kept getting the oil spot on it. I said the hell with it and bought a Pre off contract for $300. I just couldnt take it anymore and had enough. I am so much better off. This phone isnt exactly perfect, usually requires one restart a day to prevent lag/other bugs after its been on more than a day, but thats tolerable.

Any other former TP users who are more satisfied now?
Old 12-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

well i used th tp for bout a month..but most part of the year used a diamond..and have had a vogue.mogul, 6700 before that..used bb curve and pearl.. centro..moto q9c..a snap,, what else?

I have to say even though the pre has its ups and downs..mostly hardware related..I am very happy atm..outta all the wm programs i had prolly 30 or so..only use basicly 4 of them..and the pre does the 4 perfectly. got myself a seidio 2600mAh extended battery.. ( cause i like to use my phone and not be tied to a outlet..and the touchstone is to expensive to put everywhere in my house and car.) I baby my phones and totally take care of them so im used to being very careful which u kinda have to with the pre.. anyway my point is im happy alot of other users are to..but as with anything for every 1 person like me who tells u they love it. u will have 5 others saying the iphone is better or tp2 kicks arse..

so right now the pre works for me..if u want to lose the hassle of finding roms and tweaking til the cows come home on wm..then the pre is for u..me i just needed a break for wm spent way to much time and never got to sit back and enjoy the phone..with the pre i can just sit back now..flash is coming 1st of the year... thats gonna rock big time..more app and such are coming more updates etc.. the pre is only 6months old.. it hasnt even had time to breath yet..but good things are coming..
Old 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I am similar to Spirit, I used the TP for a while, had a lot of issues, so I traded my husband for his Diamond, and I was happy with the Diamond, but I always wanted more ya know.

I love the Pre, a lot of people that don't use it, or that only play with it for 5 minutes have trouble understanding why I, or we, like it so much. Honestly, IMO once you play with it and get the OS down and how to do everything it is awesome!
Old 12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo and Palm Pre

tn_friend is just getting started
Thumbs down Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

I switched from the touch pro.... the Pre is an awesome phone, being able to multi-task so easily, and using gestures to easily use every app is great
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sammy Epic

johnny hotsauce is a n00b

I went from a TP to a TP2 for the same reasons as the OP, I just couldn't take the thing any longer. About a month after having the TP2 my boss asked me if I wanted his month old Pre for $50 bucks since work was giving him a BB and he no longer needed the Pre so I jumped on it.

Now I have to admit the TP2 is a great device and what the TP1 should've been so I can't complain one bit about the TP2 and I plan on upgrading to WM 6.5 when it's officially out just to play around with it but as for the Pre, I haven't looked back to WM once ever since I've been using the Pre. WebOS is simply amazing and for the most part, just works. Providing Palm can stay afloat, I really look forward to the future of WebOS and how it can evolve.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Rumrunner6900 is just getting started

Count me in as one coming from a TP. I actually liked my TP a lot. Tweaking and flashing became kind of addictive. Had some problems with it though and I got the itch for a new phone, so I turned it in for a Pre.

My brother has one, and I played with it a few months ago. I didnt like it at first. Seemed kind of strange with all the swiping.

Now, I love this thing. The multi tasking ability is really great. If you want to tweak, you can. If not, everything still works! The browser is great. Having a nice capacitive screen is great. There is so much to like about this phone. Yes, the battery life is terrible, but after coming from my TP, I barely notice. Ill definitely hold onto this phone for a while.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

conflikt is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to conflikt

Mine will be here Monday or Tuesday so i will give you guys my thoughts on it.

I also ordered this case http://www.justaccessories-discounts...ter-for/Detail it looks pretty awesome! I got myself a car charger for $5 as well on ebay and it is the OEM Sprint one. I am also ordering the touchstone charger!

Last edited by conflikt; 12-06-2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

+1

My TP was freaking awesome when i first got it last year (I came from a mogul so the TP seemed nice at that point). After about 45 days I started getting dissappointed. After going through some refurbs and more issues I spent more time holding back the urge to throw the thing through a brick wall than actually using it for what I should have been able to do with it. Last week I finally convinced sprint to do something about it and they did. So, with almost a week under my belt with the Pre, I have to say... I'm impressed! With a handful of hacks off of preware this phone does everything I want it to and does it beautifully. My TP looks like such a brick next to the Pre its not even funny. I seriously considered the TP2, however, i really want a break from WM and resistive touch screens (I cant tell you even after turning up the sensitivity in TF3D how many times I executed a swipe but the phone interpreted a tap).

My thoughts after having 3 WM phones in a row: Loved winmo when 5 first came out and I had the Apache. Since then its.... old. The Pre and WebOS walks all over it. And as far as an iPhone comparison (I use a 3rd gen iPod touch on a regular basis), the screen is slightly more responsive on the touch, but the lack of multi-tasking makes it a no brainer. Also the battery life between me and my friends with iPhones are about the same, however, if I choose I may carry an extra battery and swap it out or simply buy an extended battery. My friends with iPhones are leaving their phones at the work station plugged in the wall cuz they died on them.

Last edited by z28marols1; 12-07-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:41 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Pre > TP period.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Pre > TP period.
exactly.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre