PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100226)

sipple31 04-12-2010 10:33 AM

Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

Sorry about that! I'm not up on the "rules" around here. :-) I put it in the appropriate spot.

Carla 04-12-2010 10:50 AM

No worries :)

sipple31 04-13-2010 05:15 PM

Holy CRAP. What a nice change... not even comparable. I had to do the big update to 1.40 right away... but it didn't take too long since I was on Wi-Fi.

I LOVE the pre!

EDIT: I did the 600 mHz overclock and still experiencing EXCELLENT battery life even with heavy use... plus it's faster. :-)

gator352 04-16-2010 08:22 AM

I made the switch as well. The Pre just works. Doesn't crash, apps open 10x faster, and etc. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't have voice command/dialing. But still, a much better "phone" than the TP.

acidhax 04-20-2010 12:30 AM

I moved from a Palm Treo Pro to the Palm Pre. I'll never look back. Whoever calls this thing simple obviously hasn't realized there is a damn Linux operating system running on this thing! WinMo could only hope to be this customizable.

Stability... Holy. Moly.

I agree that it seems 'simple', but, isn't that what we really want? There's a few things that I'd change, but, a hell of a lot less than the things I had to cook in to my ROM's.

Lovin' the Pre. Battery life is amazing, 800mhz patch went flawlessly. The patches available to this thing make it the customization machine. Nothing compares.

sipple31 04-20-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acidhax (Post 1708311)
I moved from a Palm Treo Pro to the Palm Pre. I'll never look back. Whoever calls this thing simple obviously hasn't realized there is a damn Linux operating system running on this thing! WinMo could only hope to be this customizable.

Stability... Holy. Moly.

I agree that it seems 'simple', but, isn't that what we really want? There's a few things that I'd change, but, a hell of a lot less than the things I had to cook in to my ROM's.

Lovin' the Pre. Battery life is amazing, 800mhz patch went flawlessly. The patches available to this thing make it the customization machine. Nothing compares.

Well said! I started with the 600mhz patch, then went to the 720. I'm running the battery monitor for a day or so to record some numbers. In a couple days i'll bump up to 800 i'm sure. 8)