PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

+1 for me as well. I just got the Palm Pre and I'm already loving WebOS.

I do wonder though how awesome the Touch Pro would be if it ran WebOS and not Windows Mobile.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAlaniz View Post
New radical Pre convert here too. I was offered this model to replace my TP, that decided to just crap out a little each day. By the end, the screen only functioned if I had one finger depressing it at all times, and keyboard failure, blah blah blah.

I have to be honest and state that I walked into a Sprint store determined to get a TP2. The Pre seemed like such a downgrade and I never really gave it a second thought. But after playing around with one in the store, I realized it was everything I ever tried to accomplish with my TP. I almost felt embarrassed thinking about how long I spent perusing through posts trying to find a reg. edit(s) to speed things up, or flashing the latest ROMs on a holy quest to make WinMo look and feel like a pleasant experience. After tinkering around with a TP2, that has a great screen size and keyboard, I was not impressed at all. It would be like upgrading from a Camaro to a stock Corvette, with the same 'ol engine under the hood: Windows Mobile. I can't imagine HTC, or any other phone manufacturer, still producing Windows phones for much longer without a major overhaul to the operating system.

FOR TP OWNERS ON THE FENCE...GET THE PRE!! Everything is smooth and snappy, screen is bright and colorful, and no more naked flash dances! If you're scared you won't have that "complete control" feeling, don't be. There are tons of apps, tweaks, and themes to juice it up. Updates are downloaded OTA, and don't kill any data either. What's really exciting is the new 1.4 update, which will hopefully pave the way for integrated flash, and include a few new cool features.
i fully agree with you. i have t the eh same experience with my diamond. at first i was not going near any phone that did not let it be fully customized. i wanted that full control, but after years of flashing and flashing, and running cabs, and failures, i realize all i am doing is trying to get a good phone, which windows most certainly will not be. rude, ugly, buggy, and hostile is the windows mobile platform.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sah0724 is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

I have the TP and I really want a Pre. I like the TP, I've had the same one for about a year and it's still solid, it's slow as crazy but the phone holds up well. Anyways, I don't like WM to much, too much freezing, programs are pratically non-existant, ugly GUI and so forth but I will miss the hardware which is pretty good.

I bought WMwifirouter for it and that's great, I know the Pre isn't as reliable and as safe for tethering as the TP with Wmwifi was but Windows mobile is so sorry that I'm willing to trade it all away.

I was waiting for the Otterbox case to come out for the Pre but I don't know when that's gonna happen personally. I like the TP2 but not with WM so I'm just skipping that and taking my chance on the Pre.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

PaulB007 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PaulB007 Send a message via MSN to PaulB007

Wow im surprised this thread has exploded as much as it has since I first posted it months back! I haven't been here in awhile but with the new Web OS 1.4 update things have become so much smoother, faster and more stable. Video recording is great although it records in MP4 which makes huge file sizes
Old 03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO - VirusROM

SnoopDawg is keeping up the good workSnoopDawg is keeping up the good work

I have one on the way and will be out town. It was also a warranty replacement for my TP.

I had a ton of apps for Windows Mobile and flash my TP as much as Pee Wee Herman at a movie theater.

I use my phone more as an internet device / apps. So I will see when I get it. I have had palm devices before and liked them.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started

Just received my Pre as a TP replacement and loving it. So much easier to use and there is a big community behind it.

Only complaint is when it lag during application launch.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

I am really shocked that you guys are happy to switch from winmo to palm os. I am not a fan. I just think it is too simplifed...not much you can do with it...maybe I am wrong but I am just not feeln it. Let me know if you guys can pimp it out. Post some screen shots would love to see this os above and beyond.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I didn't really switch to the Pre but I bought one. I also purhased a TP2 shortly there after. WebOS was cool to me in the beginning, but I got a little bored with it rather quickly and there were a number of simple basic features that were just missing in the beginning, granted the OS was in its early stages (and still is). I honestly don't see WebOS being around for too long in its current state. It seems like Palm is slowly drowning in this sea of an oversaturated smartphone market.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2 and THE Moment. tp2_4sale
Carrier: THE NOW NETWORK

ps3evader is just getting started

i played with the pre it was pretty cool..
not a big fan of palm tho..
Old 03-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
I didn't really switch to the Pre but I bought one. I also purhased a TP2 shortly there after. WebOS was cool to me in the beginning, but I got a little bored with it rather quickly and there were a number of simple basic features that were just missing in the beginning, granted the OS was in its early stages (and still is). I honestly don't see WebOS being around for too long in its current state. It seems like Palm is slowly drowning in this sea of an oversaturated smartphone market.
+1 I agree.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre