PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Palm Pre (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100226)

BrandiBran 12-09-2009 11:22 AM

Re: How many of you switched to the Pre from the Touch Pro?

I did!!! I was offered a Pre as a replacement for my broken Touch Pro, so I took it. :) It's a pretty cool phone, I miss some things about my touch pro tho.

spiritcrusher33 12-09-2009 01:17 PM

same here. i miss opera mini for one..and a few small other things.. but i think if i get a back up phone.. it will be either a tp2 or a moment..but the pre will be my main..

Carla 12-09-2009 08:18 PM

I hear the Moment is awesome, and very fast.

spiritcrusher33 12-10-2009 09:10 AM

ya i think thats what im looking at for a spare phone.. shouldnt be too much come feb 1st for my upgrade..since using the pre everything just works..so dont have to fool around nearly as much like wm..so im just looking for something to mess with on the side.. and the moment looks like a good contender.

RossZ32 12-26-2009 02:07 AM

former TP owner right here....current Pre owner and VERY satisfied with it, to me Windows Mobile is a thing of the past, i just look at myself and say: "damn...i was using Windows Mobile for over a year??...how did i manage THAT??..." lol

however, i do think the TP hardware is better, but its no deal breaker and the Pre competes with iPhone, the TP doesnt.

WebOS FTW!!! :D

thezboee 12-27-2009 11:19 PM

Called today and complained about my Touch Pro and I said yes to a Pre. It's shipping tomorrow and I'll have it the day after. I'm excited. I don't know why I waited so long to get away from the TP. I don't think I can own another WinMo phone.

info[]box1 12-28-2009 12:02 AM

I went from the Touch Pro to the Pre and then on to something else. But there is a few things I miss about the Pre. Great Phone...

wudstock54 12-28-2009 12:12 AM

I switched from Touch Pro to a Pre. At first I missed Windows Mobile but with all the available patches for the pre I wouldn't consider going back. I'm not crazy about the physical phone but really like the webos and it's possibilities in the future. One thing I really don't like on the Pre is the terrible battery life. The Touch Pro with a custom rom was ok on battery life. My Pre is constantly on charge just to make it thru a business day. I still tinker on my Treo Pro to satisfy my cravings for change.

Biggnaa20 12-28-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulB007 (Post 1388520)
Let me tell you, the Touch Pro had to be the WORST phone I have ever owned. It always locked up, it was so god awfully slow too. The keyboard went out a few times, and I kept getting the oil spot on it. I said the hell with it and bought a Pre off contract for $300. I just couldnt take it anymore and had enough. I am so much better off. This phone isnt exactly perfect, usually requires one restart a day to prevent lag/other bugs after its been on more than a day, but thats tolerable.

Any other former TP users who are more satisfied now?

I came from the HTC succession (Apache/Mogul/Touch Pro) and found that I missed the utility of the more powerful WinMo programs and customizaiton.

I switched back to the Touch Pro, spent all day tweaking the OS to what I'd need it to be and STILL switched back to the Pre at the end of the day. The Pre may have a long way to go to really be a WinMo replacement (for a POWER user), but damn it's easy actually USE it.

Though I am peeved waiting for somethings, I am glad I gave the Pre a try and won't be able to go back to WinMo until it gets less clunky.

nb

mwheeler1982 12-28-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thezboee (Post 1441028)
Called today and complained about my Touch Pro and I said yes to a Pre. It's shipping tomorrow and I'll have it the day after. I'm excited. I don't know why I waited so long to get away from the TP. I don't think I can own another WinMo phone.

ditto. I called today. Pre is shipping overnight.

My wife has a Pixi so I'm already familiar with WebOS. Even her Pixi is WAY better than my Touch Pro.