PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

yardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cooking on the Verizon Samsung Omnia SCH-i910

I have a question about Phase 1:
Quote:
2.Delete the contents of the ROM folder. Copy imgfs.src from the base of the kitchen and dump.exe from the \Tools directory into the XIP folder.
3.Execute shell.cmd file in the base of the kitchen. From this command prompt, type this command, exactly as seen: osnbtool –d os.nb 1 xip.bin
In step 2: There's no XIP folder created. So based on what I have seen in previous kitchens I create a xip folder in the ROM folder.
In step 3: There is no xip.bin file in kitchen.

I'm suck please help.

If you were helped by anyone, show some appreciation, click the thanks button.

Last edited by yardi4life; 07-31-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuffyardi4life knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardi4life View Post
I have a question about Phase 1:

In step 2: There's no XIP folder created. So based on what I have seen in previous kitchens I create a xip folder in the ROM folder.
In step 3: There is no xip.bin file in kitchen.

I'm suck please help.
In step 2: think u meant the ROM folder instead of XIP. I'll try that.

Last edited by yardi4life; 07-31-2009 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Find a xip to download, from the ppcgeeks thread. This is where we will be using XIP Kitchen. If its not already named as such, rename the downloaded xip to xip.bin, and copy it into the Donor_Bin folder of XIP kitchen. Take your xip.bin from CF03 that you extracted and drop it into the Device_Bin folder of XIP kitchen. Now it is time to start the porting process. Please note this is a largely automated process, and can go wrong. In those cases, another Donor xip must be used, or it must be manually ported, which will not be discussed here.
Has stated above what am I to look for.
I see the word XIP being using loosely in the threads. I also see device specific XIP. Am to look for a XIP for omnia resolution. What? Please help?

Last edited by yardi4life; 08-01-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: verizon

tdk55 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Building OEMs and Finally, Your ROM Phase 5
Building OEMs is a little bit of luck, trickery, and skill. There is not an easy answer to build all OEMs. If you can find working ones, all the better. I offer this tutorial on building OEMs, because it explains it better than I can. OEMs go into the OEM folder.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...age%20Tutorial
Remember that Lsomaclient.dll folder I told you to save? Now you need it. Take the recmod.exe tool from the Tools folder of your kitchen and drag the folder to it. This will convert the module to a dll. Open the Lsomaclient.dll folder, take that file, and copy it to your OEMApps folder.
Now, before building your ROM, you will need to recmod more stuff in SYS, due to us having a 6.1 kernel. Folders to recmod the modules in:
BROWSING
Browsingie
Adobe folders
Same process as before. Drag the .dll/.exe folders to the tool, and it will convert the module to its file format. Then take those files, and replace the modules in the appropriate folder with the files instead.
What I do is make a new folder in the folder I am recmodding stuff in. I recmod the modules, open the folders, and copy the dlls/exes to the new folder. Then I delete the module and copy the files in the new folder back to where the modules once were.

To build the rom:
1.Execute aaa_Click2Build.cmd. This brings up buildOS. Choose the OEM options you want, and then click the play button. Assuming there are no errors (there can be no duplicate names or filenames!), it will proceed to done.
2.Close BuildOS, which then continues the process. A command console will come up with a ton of files and messages flying by. Once done, it should say so—and a NewROM.bin file should be present in the base of your kitchen.
3.Rename it to Flash.bin and flash it with UMDL.
With any luck, you will have a working ROM!
This is a WIP, and is subject to change. I might have missed some things, but I don’t think so! Please refer to i900 building tutorials as well for more information.

Good luck and happy cooking!
thanks adrynalyne nice touch nothing like getting a guide from the originator of the kitchen this adds so much more to what i didn't know good looking out. all do respect anyway you could pm me how to put my own theme to the rom i know this has been answered but in my case i have no clue thanks
Old 08-13-2009, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

MrCapcom is becoming a great contributor

imgfsfromdump.exe crashes any ideas? I followed the guide complete it builds the rom ok then bam crashes
Old 08-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

peperonikiller is a n00b

Hey, when i drag the XIP file over dump nothing happens. cmd pops up for a split second then closes.. what am i doing wrong?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development