PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21
More believable/interesting WM7 screenshots!!

Saw a thread with an alleged screenshot of wm7 and i hope that 2 year old screenshot isnt legit. Some claim it to be photoshop yet microsoft did pull it off their sight so...... Either way i found some pictures as well that are claimed to be peeks of wm7. These give me more hope for windows,tell me what your opinions are. Do you believe these are legit? Can they compete with other OS's? Where do u rank them in relation to the UI's of android,iphone,webos,blackberry and cant forget about htc and their sense and touchflo interfaces simply because they use them almost exclusively for microsoft. O yea here's the link lol.....http://pocketnow.com/tech-news/windo...s-and-analysis
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Zap! is becoming a great contributor
Re: More believable/interesting WM7 screenshots!!

I find it hard to believe that they are still using that boring, outdated, butt-ugly taskbar that's been around since 1763.

Edit: Whoops, just realized the top pics are the old WM, lol!
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3924/signaturekny.png
Old 11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's kinda hard to form a full opinion from just a few shots, but I'd have to say it looks like they're moving in the right direction. I hope WM pulls of something really amazing for WM7.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: verizon

thejacer is just getting started

i honestly dont know what ppl hate so much about wm...i enjoy using it. never had a problem hitting anything with my thumbs. or anything else i can get my hands on if they phone is wringing across the room. and honestly why should wm be ridden so hard for stealing from the iphone? has anyone compared their desktop to an iphones screen? a grid of square icons vs...a grid of square icons. i duno.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

I call BS on the provided screenshots. WM 6.5.1 as currently running on my TP1. Why would MS revert to the old style after doing a change to the lower start menu, (where it should have always been if you ask me). See attached screenshot, Screen01.jpg and Screen02.jpg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (83.4 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (64.2 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA

Last edited by k_semler; 11-20-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap! View Post
I find it hard to believe that they are still using that boring, outdated, butt-ugly taskbar that's been around since 1763.

Edit: Whoops, just realized the top pics are the old WM, lol!
omg i fell out my chair hahahaha i could not stop laughing:laughing 3:
Old 11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Cool.
I'm wondering if there's anybody really developing for WM7 or if they just have an idea of how they want 7 to look/work and we're actually seeing the development for 7 happen in the 6.5.x builds.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 11-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Interesting shots. The Jim Baskins number is a real mobile number to a MS Project Manager. His profile is on Linked in
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Am I the only person alive who's not really looking forward to WM7? I'm curious about it of course but I'm really worried about backwards compatibility. I don't want another WebOS situation. I was actually considering getting a Pre until I found out that the 100-odd Palm apps I regularly used on my old Treo were not compatible.

I'm just not very adaptable to change I guess. I get in my little comfort zone & I fight tooth & nail to stay there, and I really hate it when companies start changing tried & true products just to keep up with the Joneses. I'm still really pissed about XP being EOL'ed, I dunno what I'll do if they muck up my precious WinMo.

Sometimes the old ways are the best.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 11-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I'm just not very adaptable to change I guess. I get in my little comfort zone & I fight tooth & nail to stay there.
Doesn't that statement contradict your signature? You've had 15 different phones!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Tags
microsoft, screenshot, windows mobile 7