PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; BOLT/1.521) AppleWebKit/530+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17)

My guess it was people with high salary and expendable positions. Even the US armed forces does this from time to time. Sad but true.

Btw.. I've seen mass training classes for new employees at sprint recently, so this proves my theory to me.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul and touch pro
Carrier: sprint

goofy is a n00b
Re: Sprint to slash up to 2,500 jobs

Im not really surprise at all..Sad but true the way economically the US is people cant afford services right now...
Old 11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

On the other hand... The billion bucks Sprint put into Clearwire should create new jobs.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy View Post
Im not really surprise at all..Sad but true the way economically the US is people cant afford services right now...

Thats pretty much BS when it comes to the wireless market right now. Verizon and AT&T are gaining millions of customers every quarter... many of which are people that are leaving Sprint. Fact of the matter is Sprint has good plans and decent coverage in metropolitan areas.. HOWEVER... being from Central Georgia I know firsthand that there are some places you can go out there where Sprint coverage wont pickup whatsoever and Verizon will have 5 bars. Sprint's main downfall was acquiring Nextel's crappy and outdate Iden network. That's where most of the customers are bleeding from initially. Sad to say but... up until about 2 weeks ago I actually worked for Sprint Corporate but there was writing on the wall that this was and will continue happening in at least the near future and got out before the 2 week notices start to drop.

They arent just cutting in wireless either... their wireline services are at all time lows and they just put in a plan to restructure the whole process of the way they handle accounts... cutting a lot of contractors and doubling job duties on others without a pay increase. Honestly I just dont know how Sprint will make it if they keep losing customers the way they do. I jut couldnt take the risk of waiting around to see what would happen so I found another gig and put in my 2 week notice.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I just couldnt take the risk of waiting around to see what would happen so I found another gig and put in my 2 week notice.
Best of luck with the new job! Did you let Sprint know why you were leaving?
Old 11-13-2009, 07:06 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Yep I told them. After they made us aware of their plans to "restructure" about a month ago they assured us that there would be no downsizing... but now that's obviously been proven not to be the case. There will be more layoffs... they havent even hit the wireline department yet but its coming. We went from processing around 120+ new business accounts per day to about 15-20 so everyone saw it coming. There were days were we would have absolutely nothing to do for a full 8 hour shift.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
There were days were we would have absolutely nothing to do for a full 8 hour shift.
I can see why the would want to downsize... Its horrible to have to let people go, but it can hurt even more people in the long run if they don't heal their wounds.

Harsh world :/
Old 11-15-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor

Are there anymore talks of Google purchasing Sprint?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
Are there anymore talks of Google purchasing Sprint?
Didn't even know that was a thought. I had to "google" that one and only rumors that were circulation in late 2007... I thought Tmobile merging with Sprint was the latest rumor...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives