PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
750w to be available to Sprint and Verizon?!?

According to todays blog at Treonauts they 750w will be available from both Sprint and Verizon. So changes have been made like going from SD cards to miniSD cards (4gb), lowered processing power to 300MHz, battery power also has been reduced to 1200 mAh which is probably due to the processor which is a Samsung. It looks like it will have lower talks times than other Treo Smartphone out. It will be Rev. A capable and have threaded sms! With prices from Sprint starting at 399 and Verizon at 299. Picture below of the comparison chart of Treo phones. Click it to enlarge.
~mike

Old 10-24-2006, 08:35 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well I'll be darned...

My question is... isn't the 750 a lesser device? I'm no expert so please don't flame me.

Processor it 300Mhz instead of 312Mhz (don't know if it being Samsung instead of XScale makes a difference), the battery is smaller...

So what are the real differences? I undestand that it'll probably have a newer version of the OS (including threaded messaging) and that the 750 uses miniSD instead of SD.

But besides that, and the 750 not having an external antenna, what makes the 750 more appealing than the 700?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I wouldnt say lesser at all. Probably about the same performance wise since it will have the same amount of memory as the 700wx. So I guess just it will be Rev. A capable which is a plus if u live in those areas since thats uploads @ 700kbps and I cant remember uploads, the looks (I like it better tho I have never really like Treos much), and newer OS build maybe AKU3? And the threaded sms app. and mms will work on this treo it looks like from the pic.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I'm still calling Typo!

(he had a bunch of mistakes on there, including earlier that it had an Intel chip)

The lesser battery on the 750 is due to it being "thinner" (though in reality it barely is) not because of the processor.

750 also has aku 2.6 not 3.0

And where did you get that it has Rev A? I don't see that listed on the sheet.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

thats what I read while searching...I will see if I can find that article. Oh it does say in the "fine print" that Palm has not released a date that this will be in the states.
~mike
Old 10-24-2006, 10:28 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
You guys have fallen into the Palm hype wagon I have been reading this stuff since before the 700wx came out. Thats why I went ahead and got the 700wx this stuff keeps changing I read one thing one day and something else the next day. Palm sure knows how to pump an audience tho and there are plenty ready to listen including me
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
So far the 750w dosn't impress me a bit. I really don't think my 700wx has anything to worry about for a while, unless HTC fine tunes the 6800.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:38 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm very happy with my 700wx so I'm not concerned about the 750 coming out for Sprint. Now if you were to tell me the 750 had more memory or a very distinctive new perk, I would be upset.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
thats what I read while searching...I will see if I can find that article. Oh it does say in the "fine print" that Palm has not released a date that this will be in the states.
~mike
I'd be surpised if you can find an article saying the Treo 750 will have EvDO RevA.

Very surprised.

I'm stand by my statement: if this is coming to Sprint, it won't be for quite awhile, if at all.

And CompUSA and Sprint do not have this in their systems.

We're the only people on the face of the planet discussing this!

see my other posts:
http://ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms-now...,165.html#8270
http://ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms-now...,165.html#8271
Old 10-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

see http://ppcgeeks.com/threaded-sms-now...,165.html#8278

and dont u think if it will be "awhile before they release it" then dont u think it would be Rev. A? :P

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives