PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 11:42 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 (Titan), XV6975 (Imagio)
Carrier: Verizon

KnowFear is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Eris & Moto Droid street tomorrow

I just got off of the telephone with Verizon and i was told that the HTC Eris (Desire) and Motorola Droid will street tomorrow 11/4/09 instead of the announced date of 11/6/09. For those of you who want one of those devices, get thee to the store on the 'morrow, lest ye miss out. Of course you could always order online.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: verizon

rb240z is becoming a great contributor
Re: HTC Eris & Moto Droid street tomorrow

Make sense when verizon is having a release show for all upcoming phones on thursday. I think they are tryin to hook people in before they see there will be something better... So tough if I should go for it or wait till i see what else, aka find out if Passion is real... So glad verizon is going to show all new releases for the rest of the year a head of time, so no guessing anymore.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

KnowFear is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
Make sense when verizon is having a release show for all upcoming phones on thursday. I think they are tryin to hook people in before they see there will be something better... So tough if I should go for it or wait till i see what else, aka find out if Passion is real... So glad verizon is going to show all new releases for the rest of the year a head of time, so no guessing anymore.
It would be nice to know what's in the pipeline. Whenever I ask someone at VZW about the Dragon, or even the "Snapdragon" chipset, I get "Uhhhhhh, I don't know about that." or "Hmmmmmm, it's not on my script."
Old 11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well we will know after thursday.... Funny I have been waiting all year for the omnia 2 and now i don't even really care about it... Its about time a carrier came out and showed all the devices it is going to release a head of time so we will know we are not going to miss out on the next big thing right away. But with our luck they will still hide THE phone we all want.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:37 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb240z View Post
Well we will know after thursday.... Funny I have been waiting all year for the omnia 2 and now i don't even really care about it... Its about time a carrier came out and showed all the devices it is going to release a head of time so we will know we are not going to miss out on the next big thing right away. But with our luck they will still hide THE phone we all want.
Get outta my head and quit reading my thoughts I was anxious for the Omnia2 also and have all but forgotten about it now.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Verizon/legacy alltel plan

zim2704 is just getting started

so verizon is going to let us into their release dates for the rest of the year?! If that is the case I will know exactly what I want to do after that day....either wait for the OmniaII if it is listed or play with the moto droid and if I like it re-up the contract for it.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2704 View Post
so verizon is going to let us into their release dates for the rest of the year?! If that is the case I will know exactly what I want to do after that day....either wait for the OmniaII if it is listed or play with the moto droid and if I like it re-up the contract for it.
The omnia 2 will be released supposivly by thanksgiving and will be displayed on thursday from what i hear. From what i hear big release dates are the 6th and the 27th..
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Back with Sprint!

Avareyne is just getting started

Called, they said that isn't true. The Droid is being released Friday.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

yeah i have been searching and not one leaked report for tomarrow release... So i really doubt it. Anyone see the new epic droid commercial?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

KnowFear is a n00b

As of 8:45 central (USA) time, no Droids available online. I even entered an east coast zip code. They aren't even listed. I would call Verizon back, but I think I'm developing an aneurysm from talking to those people. I should have known better than to believe what the help(less)deskbot says.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives