PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Poll on Sprint forum for HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93900)

telugite 11-01-2009 03:06 AM

Poll on Sprint forum for HD2

Please vote here -> http://community.sprint.com/baw/poll.jspa?poll=1040

dicast 11-01-2009 06:43 AM

Re: Poll on Sprint forum for HD2

I remember we did something simular to this back when the original HD was out for the rest of the world and sprint didn't listen. Guess what, sprint churn rate still going strong.

boe 11-01-2009 09:10 AM

LOL - I was just about to post this!

Torx 11-02-2009 01:34 AM

lmao. sprint is going to drop the ball ONCE AGAIN.

w7excursion 11-02-2009 02:02 AM

dummies(sprint)

mlin 11-02-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicast (Post 1285662)
I remember we did something simular to this back when the original HD was out for the rest of the world and sprint didn't listen. Guess what, sprint churn rate still going strong.

Was it up to Sprint or HTC? The reason I ask is because it was my understanding that a CDMA version was never made. Would HTC have made a CDMA version if Sprint wanted it?

racemepls 11-02-2009 01:35 PM

This is pointless because if the decision had to be made a long time ago for this. By the time they would have it ready there would be somthing bigger, better, and faster. I personally would love to see sprint get it but if they havn't made the decision by now then it's never going to happen.

barfildn 11-02-2009 02:07 PM

All I know is if sprint doesn't come out with this or something comparable byChristmas time, and VZW does. Then I'll definitely be switching carriers.

M2Iceman 11-02-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfildn (Post 1290317)
All I know is if sprint doesn't come out with this or something comparable byChristmas time, and VZW does. Then I'll definitely be switching carriers.

I hear ya, I have been with Sprint for 8 years hoping they would have a killer phone, Like the Pre and Hero, but the Passion, Yeah, Ill jump ship if they dont get something similar and have it around the same time frame.

info[]box1 11-03-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barfildn (Post 1290317)

I agree with your statement, I'm looking at Tmobile right now because of the Nokia N900 and $69.99 unlimited plan.

I would for Sprint to pick up the HD2, Ive been watching it for sometime now. Im basically impressed with the 1024 MHz processor. My opinion its bringing back touch screen again.

It just seem like every other carrier is getting the best smartphones.

Noir 11-03-2009 09:50 AM

is this even definitive that the sprint will pick this device up?

BassOverflow 11-03-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1293580)
is this even definitive that the sprint will pick this device up?

Nope, not at all.

Noir 11-03-2009 07:29 PM

and we have a topic in ppc news about a device that isnt even here yet? or may never be...

Torx 11-03-2009 08:50 PM

heck the touchpro 2 just came out. we havent even seen the diamond2 yet.
with sprints "one uber smartphone a year" cycle, i doubt we even see this.. and if we do it'll be summer/fall next year.

johnnycakes2 11-05-2009 11:56 PM

I'm thrilled Sprint isn't getting the HD2.

Think about it. The device is killer, but if TMO gets it 1Q 2010 then you know HTC will develop something even better (see next-gen version) and give it to Sprint in Q2 2010. I'd even wait it out until 3Q or 4Q to get the HD3 or other variant if it came with WM7. Be grateful HTC is on the ball now. The timing for Sprint couldn't be better. :)

the7thson 11-06-2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 (Post 1303173)

Think about it. The device is killer, but if TMO gets it 1Q 2010 then you know HTC will develop something even better (see next-gen version) and give it to Sprint in Q2 2010. I'd even wait it out until 3Q or 4Q to get the HD3 or other variant if it came with WM7. Be grateful HTC is on the ball now. The timing for Sprint couldn't be better. :)

This is just ludicrous logic imo.. According to you, it's great that sprint doesn't get the HD2 right now so they can get something better in Q2? Then in Q3 or Q4, the other carriers will get something better. Then in early 2011 Sprint will get something better etc etc. Why not just wait till you're 85 years old to buy your next phone?

As for me, I'll keep buying the new phones I want as they come out with whichever carrier as long as it's on a viable plan with decent coverage.

correct 11-06-2009 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1303729)
Why not just wait till you're 85 years old to buy your next phone?

that dude still owns a mogul... his 85th birthday may very well be Q2 2010

caseyatbt 11-06-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Do we know for sure they are not getting it????

AZTECHKA 11-06-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

LOL... this from the upgrade king. "MOGUL"? Lol.
It's almost 2010 and you have a Mogul?
No wonder you're glad.
p.

MrObvious 11-06-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caseyatbt (Post 1304771)
Do we know for sure they are not getting it????

No one knows anything except that a major US carrier will get it.

johnnycakes2 11-07-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1303729)
This is just ludicrous logic imo.. According to you, it's great that sprint doesn't get the HD2 right now so they can get something better in Q2? Then in Q3 or Q4, the other carriers will get something better. Then in early 2011 Sprint will get something better etc etc. Why not just wait till you're 85 years old to buy your next phone?

As for me, I'll keep buying the new phones I want as they come out with whichever carrier as long as it's on a viable plan with decent coverage.

Uh, riiiiight.

You keep buying new phones as soon as they come out, blowing hundreds of bucks on incremental upgrades. Yeah, you keep doing that, Socrates. I believe the industry calls people like you "suckers" and there's one born every minute, or, in your case, I'm guessing 12 years ago?

Anyway, Sprint won't be getting the HD2. It will get something better in Q2 and the rest of you will just have to deal. In the meantime, give the bully your lunch money, change your diapers and stop fantasizing about your sister.

Peace, suckers! :headbang:

MordyT 11-07-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 (Post 1306130)
Uh, riiiiight.

You keep buying new phones as soon as they come out, blowing hundreds of bucks on incremental upgrades. Yeah, you keep doing that, Socrates. I believe the industry calls people like you "suckers" and there's one born every minute, or, in your case, I'm guessing 12 years ago?

Anyway, Sprint won't be getting the HD2. It will get something better in Q2 and the rest of you will just have to deal. In the meantime, give the bully your lunch money, change your diapers and stop fantasizing about your sister.

jeez, don't you think this is uncalled for?
noone needs to read this. in fact, noone asked for this. we don't need to know about you and your sister and this attitude is not welcomed on this site. If you don't have something helpful to post, keep your mouse off the post button. The rest of your post was good.

timdawgdentist 11-07-2009 05:37 AM

somebody got their cornflakes peed in today

the7thson 11-07-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 (Post 1306130)
Uh, riiiiight.

I'm definitely not going to feed the troll here. But I will say that I'm obviously not 12 years old since I have a job that affords me a lifestyle where I can buy whatever I want. Phones are just a small part of it. If a few hundred bucks or even a thousand a year on phones makes me happy, you bet I'll keep buying them buddy :)

Mr. X 11-07-2009 11:01 AM

try to play nice guys, no need to get the name calling and the personal opinions on each other going.

MrObvious 11-07-2009 08:02 PM

Oy. Thanks Juggalo. But if Sprint does get a better phone then it will probably be a WM7 phone too. We will just need to see.