PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

techsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good worktechsavvy68 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to techsavvy68
Re: Sprint losses and customer defections continue

I think the problem with the company first and foremost is the purchase of Nextel, that hurt big time. Next was the lousy customer service. I remember 10 years ago when I first signed with them, as soon as I signed and my phone was turned on, it was disconnected when I made it to the car. They said I had gone over a spending limit without even making a call. Then I couldn't get a person that spoke English to understand my issues. The other problems with the company is their employees are left in the dark on just about every aspect of the company. A customer shouldn't walk into a place of business and tell the employee more about the company they work for. Sprint has a lot of costs, ie. I have 5 taxes for one area. They tried to actually justify that until I sent it to my alderman. They don't really promote the good phones, those phones are normally heard of through word of mouth or forums like these. I had a Samsung Ace, great phone, saw it in the store and liked it. The TP2 was talked about so much in the forums, I found videos of it and fell in love with it. Imagine if Sprint advertised it. It has the potential to be a great company, they need better CRM and they need someone that knows how to do marketing analysis. Maybe when they get someone to actually reach out to the customer they will start to focus on what the customer wants. Eye candy works, it's done wonders for AT&T. How else can you sell a phone that has no real function other than apps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ALL
Carrier: Jump

powerpcgeek is a n00b

Once your bill is jacked, it's always jacked. When I was a subscriber, I called customer service to clear it up but that was pointless. So I said I was gonna switch providers. Their response: 'Okay'. Obviously customer retention is not very high on their list of priorities.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

hunterd is a n00b

sprint service and prices are great. for the most part-everything else(cust. service,advertising,training) etc.. is subpar. they are pretty much all over the place trying different things at the same time. no true direction.as a company it seems they really have no idea what it takes to run a business.they know what they want it to be but no idea how to get it there.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterd View Post
sprint service and prices are great. for the most part-everything else(cust. service,advertising,training) etc.. is subpar. they are pretty much all over the place trying different things at the same time. no true direction.as a company it seems they really have no idea what it takes to run a business.they know what they want it to be but no idea how to get it there.
i know what you mean....i usually know more about the phone than the "tech" i'm talking to!
Old 11-01-2009, 02:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

hunterd is a n00b

too true. i sell it but i'm self educated..thanks to forums like ppcgeeks!
Old 11-01-2009, 02:43 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterd View Post
too true. i sell it but i'm self educated..thanks to forums like ppcgeeks!
a big +1 on that!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Plus I think making people go to Simply everything Plans on the Pre and Hero was a bad move.
Agreed. If they do this to WM then it really pushes me to another carrier. I don't even have sero or a legacy plan anymore. I have a current messaging shared plan with unlimited data pack on my line. I don't really save that much on sprint if they make me upgrade all 4 lines compared to other carriers.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor

For what Sprint offers, I don't think there is a better carrier. Sprint's service is very good, and I can almost always get service.

I've been with Verizon, and there locked down crippled phones, plus their poor service in the areas I live and work is horrible.

AT&T is expensive and has horrible coverage.

But I think the point is well made. AT&T keeps grabbing these exclusive deals thanks to Apple, as does Verizon.

I know a guy who bought a Storm 2 today just to show it off, even though he'll never be able to use it on a BES.

Sprint's selection of phones is horrible, especially in the smart phone range.

I will say that the Samsung Intrepid was a solid offering and has plugged a hole in sprint's offerings (a touch screen messenger phone)
Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device
Threadstarter

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
For what Sprint offers, I don't think there is a better carrier. Sprint's service is very good, and I can almost always get service.

I've been with Verizon, and there locked down crippled phones, plus their poor service in the areas I live and work is horrible.

AT&T is expensive and has horrible coverage.

But I think the point is well made. AT&T keeps grabbing these exclusive deals thanks to Apple, as does Verizon.

I know a guy who bought a Storm 2 today just to show it off, even though he'll never be able to use it on a BES.

Sprint's selection of phones is horrible, especially in the smart phone range.

I will say that the Samsung Intrepid was a solid offering and has plugged a hole in sprint's offerings (a touch screen messenger phone)
I second this

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I wonder what attws and verizons customer losses are. cnet sounds jilted only on 1 sided

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives