PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft issues take down notice for WM6.5.1 ROMs

Wait. I don't believe this is a legit request.

Where there similar scares with fake Microsoft legal notices?

No lawyer would cite US law out of its jurisdiction and demand action, as it would create a mockery of himself as well as the corporation he represents.

I feel like calling BS on this one. For the sake of community development, I hope I'm right.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

not this again and WisdomWolfX i'm with you on this one let me start downloading
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

This is fake again, i guarantee it. The last few times this has happened its been fake. I wouldn't get too worried about it.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron580 View Post
Eh I bought a copy of Snow Leo just for it so its basically legal... plus its just a mini 10v. All the rest of my computers are real macs though.
I like this. Basically legal. Sure it violates the EULA completely, but it's basically legal.

I'm not judging, just find it funny that you'd use the most controlling company as an example of more open practices.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:21 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Ask the guys in jail from PirateBay if that holds true.....
Old 10-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

Not gonna deny they are VERY controlling but I had ubuntu on it for long time but needed iphone SDK on the go so why not?

Back to the subject at hand...

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

starcastic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
XDA isn't even based out of the USA... They don't have to comply with takedown notices structured off of our laws...
While these particular notices may or may not be actually legit, the above isn't entirely true either. This is really the entire point of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and its accompaniments; the reciprocal recognition of copyrights. Hosts and registrars worldwide are still administered by ICANN which was also a party to DMCA development and can provide a whole set of other problems for companies that choose to completely ignore or provide proper channels for DMCA takedown notices.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

http://duttythroy.net/component/cont...evelopers.html
Please read.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcastic View Post
While these particular notices may or may not be actually legit, the above isn't entirely true either. This is really the entire point of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and its accompaniments; the reciprocal recognition of copyrights. Hosts and registrars worldwide are still administered by ICANN which was also a party to DMCA development and can provide a whole set of other problems for companies that choose to completely ignore or provide proper channels for DMCA takedown notices.
I stand corrected.

But - do you think its likely they will encounter trouble if they didn't comply? I didn't even hear ICANN mentioned in anything around thepiratebay case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
You just posted that on wmpoweruser, didn't you?
Old 10-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
You just posted that on wmpoweruser, didn't you?
Yes i did.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives