PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC HD2 Headed to T-Mo USA by end of next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
That won't allow the head unit to control the phone, which is what he wants.

They make adapters for ipods for various cars that will allow full control of the ipod throught the head unit. E.g. VAIS Technologies makes the ipod adapter for my Lexus IS which hooks up directly to the head unit and allows me to control the ipod through the steering mounted controls or the touchscreen on the nav screen. I'm guessing he wants something similar to that, which a simple male to male 3.5mm cable won't do.
Yeah this is exactly what I am looking for. Combine that with this car dock for the HD2 and its a superb solution. I have even tried looking for head units that have USB ports for flash drives and such, and maybe putting my Touch Pro in disk mode, and hoping the head unit would read the files from it, but I havent found a head unit that will detect the TP.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Yeah this is exactly what I am looking for. Combine that with this car dock for the HD2 and its a superb solution. I have even tried looking for head units that have USB ports for flash drives and such, and maybe putting my Touch Pro in disk mode, and hoping the head unit would read the files from it, but I havent found a head unit that will detect the TP.
Yeah I figured that's what you meant. I'm afraid you'll probably be better off finding an ipod adapter or even a USB adapter that reads a flash drive and use that to play music in your car. I just leave my 120 gig in there permanently. I don't know if there is enough demand to sustain a market for phone adapters like you want unfortunately.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: at&t

LucyLou is a n00b

i switched over from t-mobile to at&t. i used to have the htc magic g2, but i just got the iphone from gsmallover.com. i like it a lot more. but..at&t isn't that good either. i feel like i never have good service. i am thinkin of switching to verizon..but i don't want to give up my iphone! verizon needs to switch to gsm...
Old 12-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That won't happen.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives