PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 07:20 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC HD2 Headed to T-Mo USA by end of next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Where do you guys live? Just curious, I live in a metropolitan city and there's T-Mobile 3G coverage EVERYWHERE here. Don't get me wrong, I love me my Sprint but what's with all the T-Mo coverage bashing?
Probably because of coverage maps like the one linked below. T-Mobiles website states that they only have 3G coverage in 113 cities in the entire United States. I'm in Lubbock Texas, not a huge metro area, but there's over 200,000 people here and a Major College (Texas Tech).
http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/do...comparison.pdf

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-27-2009 at 07:27 AM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Where do you guys live? Just curious, I live in a metropolitan city and there's T-Mobile 3G coverage EVERYWHERE here. Don't get me wrong, I love me my Sprint but what's with all the T-Mo coverage bashing?

I live in Atlanta and here out of all the carriers T-Mobile has the worst coverage by far. I had them and I had to sit my phone by the window just to get a bar.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:53 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yeah the problem is T-Mobile amount of towers compared to Sprint and Verizon is a joke.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
Probably because of coverage maps like the one linked below. T-Mobiles website states that they only have 3G coverage in 113 cities in the entire United States. I'm in Lubbock Texas, not a huge metro area, but there's over 200,000 people here and a Major College (Texas Tech).
http://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/do...comparison.pdf
very true. I'm in Pittsburgh, metro region population of 2 million. Still Edge?? That's why I left t-mobile for Sprint last year. They keep telling me it's coming soon but a year later still nothing. Getting this phone with their network is fine so long as you don't value data services.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Fair enough. I can say T-Mobile is not a problem for me in Denver, pretty decent 3G coverage here so I don't mind switching. When I was traveling all over the country for work, I had Verizon and i know their coverage was unbeatable. I'm happy with Sprint right now but I'll switch to T-mo the day the HD2 drops since I'm not traveling anymore.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

It's nice to be back in SoCal, as the big 4 all have 3G. So I will be picking up the HD2 when it launches, and move one of my Sprint lines over to T-Mobile. It will be nice to have good signal in my house, and I hope usable signal out where my mom lives.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 10-28-2009, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Threadstarter

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

"HTC HD2 Smartphone Available in USA from Popularelect.com

The HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 along with 1 GHz processing Smartphone will be available on the 11th of November SIM Free Unlocked from Popular Electronics for $799.99.

Chicago, IL, October 28, 2009 --(PR.com)-- The HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 along with 1 GHz processing Smartphone will be available on the 11th of November or even before that SIM Free Unlocked from Popular Electronics for $799.99."

Popular Electronics Inc
2455 W. Devon
Chicago, IL-60659
TEL - 1-773-338-5460
akmaniar@sbcglobal.net
http://www.popularelect.com

http://www.pr.com/press-release/188425
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

It could have a 50 ghz processor and I still wouldnt pay that much for a phone. I'm a tech junkie but
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

junkiee is just getting started

will this enable 3G data in NA? or just voice with the bands it has in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone View Post
"HTC HD2 Smartphone Available in USA from Popularelect.com

The HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 along with 1 GHz processing Smartphone will be available on the 11th of November SIM Free Unlocked from Popular Electronics for $799.99.

Chicago, IL, October 28, 2009 --(PR.com)-- The HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 6.5 along with 1 GHz processing Smartphone will be available on the 11th of November or even before that SIM Free Unlocked from Popular Electronics for $799.99."

Popular Electronics Inc
2455 W. Devon
Chicago, IL-60659
TEL - 1-773-338-5460
akmaniar@sbcglobal.net
http://www.popularelect.com

http://www.pr.com/press-release/188425
Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

why is sprint so late to the party with all these phones.....bring us the HD2 and the Omnia2 and ill be happy

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives