PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
HTC Dragon!!! We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Leo

The HTC Dragon!!! It will run 1GHZ Snapdragon, 4.3 IN capacitive screen, WVGA, and will ship with Android 2.0 with a new version of SenseUI im Sure!!! Heres the first pic of this beast that resembles like the Sprint Hero replacement next year

Quote:
The HTC Dragon is seemingly the Android variant of the highly popular Windows Mobile HTC HD2 running a 1 GHz Snapdragon processor--also found on the HD2 and the Acer neoTouch S200.

The Dragon seems to sport a capacitive touch display with a row of touch-sensitive hardware buttons and a trackball at the bottom. Although SlashGear is postulating that the device may be a GSM device sporting GSM/EDGE/HSPA radios, that may not be the actual case upon release; recent HTC devices made for Verizon Wireless also state "3G" when on the carrier's high-speed EVDO network. Those devices include the Verizon Wireless Touch Pro2 and the HTC Imagio.

The Dragon shares another similar trait with the Windows Mobile HTC HD2 including a large 4.3-inch touchscreen display, which we're guessing is capacitive in nature as Android does support capacitive touchscreens. Additionally, it looks like the camera may also support an LED flash. Is this actually a chin-less HTC Hero with a larger screen?
http://pocketnow.com/smartphone/htc-...ion-of-htc-hd2

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 10-19-2009 at 01:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: HTC Dragon!!! We got a visual on the Android Twin Brother of the HTC Leo

Nice to see much better new phones... just what I been looking for :P hopefully... sprint would get such phone like this =]
Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip View Post
Nice to see much better new phones... just what I been looking for :P hopefully... sprint would get such phone like this =]
IMO it should be the hero replacement when it reaches EOL

I really want to see what updates HTC did on SenseUI. Im guessing landscape album art scrolling in the music app, and maybe the animated weather wallpaper like WM Sense among others.... cant wait!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:11 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
IMO it should be the hero replacement when it reaches EOL

I really want to see what updates HTC did on SenseUI. Im guessing landscape album art scrolling in the music app, and maybe the animated weather wallpaper like WM Sense among others.... cant wait!!!
ahhhh i see you currently have a hero, I been debating about saving up the cash to buy one, but might as well hold on to my diamond and wait it out till next year perhaps :P
Old 10-19-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
The HTC Dragon!!! It will run 1GHZ Snapdragon, 4.3 IN capacitive screen, WVGA, and will ship with Android 2.0 with a new version of SenseUI im Sure!!! Heres the first pic of this beast that resembles like the Sprint Hero replacement next year
Nice find ... great bit of news.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:18 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's so cool that they are FINALLY building the phones that we've been wanting. Now when we see news like this we only wonder when it's going to release instead of wondering why they didnt include certain things lol.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mclife is becoming a great contributor

It looked really long in the pics, like the dimensions of the screen are different from the HD2. I wanna see some specs on the dimensions.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:01 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Looks better than the moto droid.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wonder what battery life on the Dragon and Leo are gonna be like?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ChansteR390 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I wonder what battery life on the Dragon and Leo are gonna be like?
I wonder the same thing actually. The phones are surprisingly skinny and with how big the screens are and with all the features, I think the one drawback will be battery life.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives