PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/news-archives/)
-   -   Android 2.0 screenshots leaked (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/news-archives/90897-android-2-0-screenshots-leaked.html)

balend 10-16-2009 02:31 PM

Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
http://techkritik.com/2009/10/16/and...-enhancements/

Link above is to the story.

sprinttouch666 10-16-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
i gotta say, if u slap sence ui (like hero) on android 2.0 it destroys winmo 6.5 :(

fixxxer2012 10-16-2009 05:45 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 1241308)
i gotta say, if u slap sence ui (like hero) on android 2.0 it destroys winmo 6.5 :(


of course it does. android is the best system ive seen. ill say this. it will give the iphone a run for the $$. :headbang:

basilray 10-16-2009 06:03 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
Not seeing the hype here. It looks pretty, but until the hardware catches up to WinMo or even the iPhone, I'm not all that impressed.

BenC 10-17-2009 03:44 AM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
Ok, so it is great. Where are the business applications like a spread sheet, word processor, data base, et cetera.

SporkLover 10-17-2009 01:39 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
I believe QuickOffice is coming on some phones now, if not, it's available in the Market.

Developers are still playing catch up in the business apps arena. There are plenty of Office 2003 and prior viewers, or open office standards documents viewers, but very few that can actually edit them.

Practically no Office 2007 format viewers.

mbaseball3 10-17-2009 02:58 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
from what I've read from hero guys on here is that the app store has everything! free stuff up the wazoo! app store contains everthing to make it winmo. you lose nothing that's why android is the future!

BenC 10-18-2009 12:05 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
I did some looking around and noticed that about QuickOffice. I use Open Office on my laptop and for the most part does real well. For the heavy stuff though, WordPerfect is the champ and I would love to see that in a mobile release. Looking at the Android devices shows some nice devices, but I cannot do without the Office compatibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 1242392)
I believe QuickOffice is coming on some phones now, if not, it's available in the Market.

Developers are still playing catch up in the business apps arena. There are plenty of Office 2003 and prior viewers, or open office standards documents viewers, but very few that can actually edit them.

Practically no Office 2007 format viewers.


brownhornet 10-18-2009 08:37 PM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
Android's app store makes wino market place look like pure boo boo. I said months ago that at the rate android is going it will be leaps and bounds ahead of winmo because microsoft takes its time developing. Look at how quickly Android has come along to their second version already and microsoft rather than getting on the ball and going from 6 to 7... come out with 6, 6.1, 6.5 and then 7 some time in the near future. In the next year Android phones will surpass winmo... watch.

wmdunn 10-19-2009 11:04 AM

Re: Android 2.0 screenshots leaked
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1244908)
Android's app store makes wino market place look like pure boo boo. I said months ago that at the rate android is going it will be leaps and bounds ahead of winmo because microsoft takes its time developing. Look at how quickly Android has come along to their second version already and microsoft rather than getting on the ball and going from 6 to 7... come out with 6, 6.1, 6.5 and then 7 some time in the near future. In the next year Android phones will surpass winmo... watch.

You may be right, BH ... pretty exciting times, eh?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0