PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: hands on hd2 [leo]

Why don't you like it?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I enjoy the TP2, as it handles my needs very well. I looked at the video and except for the missing keyboard, goodness. I also did some looking at Android devices and the same. As these devices begin to meet business user needs (Office compatibility and database), I start suffering the wanna disease. That thin with decent battery life and the appropriate applications, goodness.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejacer View Post
dont like capacitive screens but i may be getting this one anyway...(although i only have the iphone screen to compare to...maybe they dont all suck?)
I'm curious, too. Why don't you like capacitive screens? After using a hero for the last week and a half, I don't think I could ever go back to a resistive screen. I only kind of miss the pinpoint accuracy of a resistive screen, when I'm typing notes in my note taking application. But other than that, it's capacitive for me from here on out. Plus, the visibility on the hero compared to my mogul is 100x better.

If you are using a lot of programs that require handwriting recognition, or something like that, I can see the need for a resistive.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:19 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

The Processor revamp is super sexy, as is the capacitive.

Also why is this guy spending half the video on that honeycomb menu system? Its not a big deal...
Old 10-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Existentialism is keeping up the good workExistentialism is keeping up the good work

The only think that kills this for me is the lack of buttons. I need at least a few more buttons for a functional device. As is, there's quite a few games I have now that I won't be able to play on it. Worst of all Worms, which is by far one of the best things for me to play on my TP.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: verizon

thejacer is just getting started

i dont like capacitive screens because it seems to make the phone brittle (only have the iphone for comparison so im no pro) one drop and its done. plus the accuracy annoys me. my girlfriend and i both have vogues and she is very hard on hers. capacitive wouldnt last...
Old 10-22-2009, 05:40 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm pretty sure I like the look and feel of the capacitive screens better. They do seem do be easier to break by dropping them, but I bet a good case of some kind would help quite a bit, and I would get a case for it anyway regardless of what screen type it was.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: verizon

thejacer is just getting started

i never put cases on my phones, i may just have to take extra good care of it and fix it several times cause it looks amazing...i hate all those iphone cases, the iphone really does look good, if thats all it does...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives