PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint releases first WinMo 6.5 device...the Samsung Intrepid...now available!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89947)

Yay 4 Juggs 10-11-2009 12:46 AM

Sprint releases first WinMo 6.5 device...the Samsung Intrepid...now available!!!

Samsung Intrepid™
http://nextelonline.nextel.com/asset...350DLS_LPI.gif
The perfect travel companion

This ultimate travel and productivity phone features a full QWERTY keyboard, touchscreen and Windows Mobile 6.5. You'll enjoy a richer browsing experience, improved touchscreen interface, more customization, plus a unique voice-activated dialing, texting and search app to excite and delight. If you like driving with two hands on the wheel or just enjoy hearing the sound of your own voice, you'll love the killer app Tellme® that lets your voice be your guide - exclusive with Sprint. Get free shipping and free activation when you purchase a device with a new line of service online!

Sprint Worldwide Service
Before you travel, contact Sprint to enable Sprint Worldwide international services. For a complete list of countries and Sprint Worldwide coverage areas where you can use this phone,visit sprint.com/sww.

Mail-in Rebate Requirement: For this phone to work and to get your mail-in rebate, you'll need a plan with data or qualified data add-on. See plan details.
Highlights

* Windows Mobile 6.5 with integrated email, calendar and social networking sites
* International capabilities - 3G technology that keeps you connected in over 185 countries

Key Features

* 3G speeds where available
* Touchscreen
* Music capable
* Sprint TV®
* GPS Navigation enabled
* Web browsing capable
* Email capable
* Camera
* Bluetooth® Wireless
* Memory card slot
* Voice activated dialing

Full Features List

Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional

Your daily life overlaps from home to work to play, and now your phone can, too, with amazing ease. With Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional, you get:
• an improved user interface with customization options
• easy access to third-party applications such as Facebook and Netflix®
• Microsoft® Office Outlook® Mobile for a consistent experience across the PC, browser and phone
• Tellme® application for voice-activated dialing, texting and searching the Web
• access to Microsoft My Phone to back up and sync text messages, contacts, photos and more to the Web
• Windows Marketplace for Mobile for direct-to-phone mobile application access
• and much more
Available programs, features, and functionality vary by: device, version of Windows Mobile software, mobile network provider, and availability of network connectivity and supporting technology (such as Exchange Server). See www.windowsmobile.com, your device reseller, and mobile network provider for more information.
International Phone

Comes loaded with a SIM card for traveling abroad, expanding your mobile office outside the U.S.
EVDO Rev. A

Where coverage is available, experience broadband-like download speeds using EVDO technology.
Touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard

Enjoy the large WVGA touchscreen and QWERTY keyboard with well-spaced raised keys.
Dedicated Tellme App

Call and connect with friends, family and co-workers using the dedicated Tellme shortcut key. Let your voice be your guide when you can't use your hands. Tellme gives you voice-activated dialing and voice-to-text messaging. Additionally, use Tellme to get business listings, traffic, maps, driving directions, movies, weather instantly with the touch of a button and your voice.
Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless Technology

Enjoy the convenience of hands-free communication by using headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-compatible devices.* Stereo Bluetooth lets you listen to your music on the go or listen to your music using compatible accessories without wires. *Bluetooth wireless accessories are sold separately.
3.0 MP camera and camcorder

Capture high-resolution images with the digital camera and zoom. Create your own video clips and easily share them with family and friends.
MP3 Player

Transfer music files from a PC or download from the Sprint® Music Store and listen to your songs via the speakerphone or a stereo headset accessory.
WiFi Enabled - 802.11 b/g

Utilize nearby Wi-Fi access points for high-speed data connection and internet access.
Sprint TV® Enabled

Watch live TV and video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Catch the latest news, sports, weather, entertainment and movie trailers on the go.
Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless Technology

Enjoy the convenience of hands-free communication by using headsets, car-kits and other Bluetooth-compatible devices.* Stereo Bluetooth lets you listen to your music on the go or listen to your music using compatible accessories without wires. *Bluetooth wireless accessories are sold separately.
3.0 MP camera and camcorder

Capture high-resolution images with the digital camera and zoom. Create your own video clips and easily share them with family and friends.
MP3 Player

Transfer music files from a PC or download from the Sprint® Music Store and listen to your songs via the speakerphone or a stereo headset accessory.
WiFi Enabled - 802.11 b/g

Utilize nearby Wi-Fi access points for high-speed data connection and internet access.
Sprint TV® Enabled

Watch live TV and video-on-demand with full-motion video and vivid sound. Catch the latest news, sports, weather, entertainment and movie trailers on the go.
NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM

With NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, instantly connect to the NASCAR information you want, when you want it. Follow NASCAR action from practice to race day with real-time leaderboard and alerts. Get exclusive access to your favorite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver with real-time driver stats, breaking news and more. Live in-car audio, race radio, NASCAR on SPEED and other audio/video only available on select phones. Visit sprint.com/speed for details.
How to Access: Text "NASCAR" to 7777* on your Sprint phone or visit the Sprint Digital LoungeSM to download NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile. *Standard text messaging and data rates apply.
NFL Mobile Live access

Listen to live audio broadcasts of every regular season game and watch the live broadcasts of all NFL Network games. Get real-time red zone alerts, scores, stats, live NFL Network 24/7 and more. Manage your fantasy football team like a pro with up-to-the-minute insights, analysis, stats and alerts. How to Access: Text "NFL" to 7777* on your Sprint phone to download a full version of the application or download NFL Mobile Live from Sprint Digital LoungeSM. *Standard text messaging and data rates apply.
Threaded SMS Text Messaging

With threaded SMS text messaging, you see the full conversation for each contact in a chat-like interface. Never send a reply to the wrong person again. Organized conversations make it easy to go back and see the history of any conversation.
GPS Capable

Autonomous and simultaneous GPS using Sprint Navigation for turn by turn directions, and points of interest searches.
Instant Messaging

Chat from just about anywhere using Windows Live™ Messenger, Google Talk™, Yahoo® Messenger, AOL® Instant Messenger™.
Hearing Aid Compatible (HAC)

This handset has been certified as Hearing Aid Compatible in accordance with applicable industry standards. This handset has a HAC rating of M3 for hearing aids operating in the acoustic mode. This handset has a HAC rating of T3 for hearing aids operating in the telecoil mode.
TTY Compatible

Compatible with select TTY devices

Whats In the Box

1. Standard Lithium Ion Battery
2. Standard Battery Door
3. USB Sync Cable
4. SIM Card
5. AC Charger
6. 3.5mm Stereo Headset
7. Additional Stylus

Regular price $449.99
Instant savings -$200.00
Mail-in Rebate -$100.00
New price $149.99

w7excursion 10-11-2009 03:38 PM

Re: Sprint releases first WinMo 6.5 device...the Samsung Intrepid...now available!!!

no thanks

Magoo_215 10-11-2009 09:10 PM

Re: Sprint releases first WinMo 6.5 device...the Samsung Intrepid...now available!!!

The Snap but Touch screen huh?

4wheelfurry 10-12-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoo_215 (Post 1230562)
The Snap but Touch screen huh?

Well sorta

But touch screen for touch screen the TreoPro looks better... Running a custom 6.5 ROM on the TreoPro this phone rocks!! Sure wish Palm would release the 6.5 upgrade but they have stopped development on WinMo...

basilray 10-12-2009 11:03 AM

Agreed. Snooze.

somdave2005 10-12-2009 06:33 PM

I've had this phone for a few days and I love it! the battery kicks ***, and the keyboard is way better than the treo pro's plastic gel buttons. It's also a world phone.

holdenmichael 10-21-2009 02:26 PM

How would you compare the keyboard to that of the Q9c's?

Would you say the Intrepid is as ugly in hand as it looks on my screen?

Have you tried using WMWifiRouter or HTC's equivalent program?

Malatesta 10-21-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holdenmichael (Post 1251547)
How would you compare the keyboard to that of the Q9c's?

Would you say the Intrepid is as ugly in hand as it looks on my screen?

Have you tried using WMWifiRouter or HTC's equivalent program?

Keyboard is very good--as good if not better than Q9C's.

It's not an ugly device by any means, quite classy actually and very BB-ish.

However, the screen is not so hot: 320x240 is just lame on Pro and should have been 320x320--loosing 50% of pixels compared to Treo Pro is weak.

Also, Samsung has done some amateur things--like charging port on the side, the LED stops working after X hours for some reason, mis-placed power button, rubber covers for everything, weak signal, auto-screen adjust is off by default (WTF?) etc.

But battery life is real good.

I'll have a full review at WMExperts by Friday, including video.

Bigsmith 10-21-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1251588)
However, the screen is not so hot: 320x240 is just lame on Pro and should have been 320x320--loosing 50% of pixels compared to Treo Pro is weak.

320 x 240 is 25% less pixels than 320 x 320, not 50% less.

Your point still stands though -- it's a completely lame screen for a WM 6.5 device introduced in late 2009. I can't imagine what Samsung was thinking here.

holdenmichael 10-21-2009 04:58 PM

Quote:

Keyboard is very good--as good if not better than Q9C's.

It's not an ugly device by any means, quite classy actually and very BB-ish.
=D> That's very good news to me. My TP2 is just too bulky. I'm thinking about just going w/ the Intrepid and an iPod//Zune separate (especially if I can tether an iPod Touch or ZuneHD to it).

Quote:

Where would you see the effect of 80 (x320) less pixels (programs, movies, video podcasts, pictures) and how much of an effect? I could understand this complaint if the Treo Pro had a 640x640 screen or even 640x480 screen, but the video I watched on a Treo Pro (in store) didn't look great. I preferred the screen on the HTC Snap even though it had less pixels.

Quote:

Also, Samsung has done some amateur things--like charging port on the side, the LED stops working after X hours for some reason, mis-placed power button, rubber covers for everything, weak signal, auto-screen adjust is off by default (WTF?) etc.

But battery life is real good.
Darn, I already live on the fringe for most carriers so a weak signal might be a deal breaker. Is it worse than an Apache? TP? I've not dropped a call with either of those. My Q9c did well too.

Speaking of which, the battery life and loud speaker were the hardest things to leave behind when I switched from my Q9c to a Touch Pro.

How loud, compared to a Q9c, is the external speaker on the Intrepid?

Quote:

I'll have a full review at WMExperts by Friday, including video.
:headbang:

Thanks for answering my questions. I'm looking forward to the full review.