PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ghamden is keeping up the good workghamden is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile 7 aiming for Spring 2010 RTM?

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/1...ring-2010-rtm/
Old 10-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Windows Mobile 7 aiming for Spring 2010 RTM?

i really kinda hope this isnt final. it looks like a skilled version of 6.5 (or 6.1, 6.0 or 5.0 for that matter).

if M$ dosent step up w/ some new stuff thats really good, i think its game over (as much as i hate to admit it)
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 View Post
i really kinda hope this isnt final. it looks like a skilled version of 6.5 (or 6.1, 6.0 or 5.0 for that matter).

if M$ dosent step up w/ some new stuff thats really good, i think its game over (as much as i hate to admit it)
+1 If this is the **** they come out with then thats the last straw. I seen the same pictures 2 years ago! Then wtf were they doing for two years? seeing these pictures get me worked up.
This is what ppcgeeks will look like if thats the wm7 that comes to our phones
Old 10-10-2009, 02:43 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I agree with the above posts. this looks like a gloosed up version of 6.5.1

cant pass judgement yet though,,,,
Old 10-10-2009, 02:49 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dunno, does it really have to look completely different? I wouldnt expect WM7 to look completely different from everything they've done in the past. The 2 main things I would be looking for is a more finger friendly interface, and for it to just work. I really dont think they should scrap the whole look. Even the new MS operating systems for PC's never look "completely" new and different, it usually just added features and better performance. Maybe it's just me, but 6.5 is getting pretty close to what I would expect from a OS for a phone, it just needs to bee cleaned up a little more (better icons, cleaner looking menus etc.) and it needs to be snappy and smooth.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 10-10-2009, 03:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i think windows mobile is honestly dead in the water.....with the rumors of the planned M$ phones to be dead and android growing so fast i think it might be to little to late....yes windows 6.5 is gonna be on alot of phones but the market place is slow to the race and windows mobile is usually covered up by the phone manufacturers own OS aka touchwiz and Touchflow
Old 10-10-2009, 06:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I think I am a bit more intrigued with regards to what I have seen from microsoft.
One thing I am noting with the evolution of windows mobile and the connection of smartphone to PDA
note that with windows mobile 6.1 we see two completely different demons (from the larger panel-esque screen on smartphone and relatively unchanged home screen and interface with professional edition). One thing I began to surmise is that 6.5 (and early pictures of 7) primary emphasis is on unifying the two user interfaces in some degree. In many regards, we have definitely seen that standardization in 6.5 and 6.5.1.

Another interesting aspect to note (negative) that the UI is unchanged from 2 years ago. But then, does UI really matter here? Chances are, we will see OEM UIs and not microsoft proprietary and it begs to question is the underlying UI significant anymore? It begs for some interesting details in the mobile game IMHO

I think this is just a wait and see attitude. RTM will probably be pushed back with developers receiving loose matriculation by about winter 2010. A spring RTM isn't that far fetched considering devices will have it in Q4 2010. So the announcement is right on the assumed leaks and documents from various other sites.

This is going to be interesting. I won't take what I see with negativity or even grandiosity, but just a day by day attitude until I see Da_G, con, or someone with wm 7 in hand
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

You guys have to realise wm7 is still in the very early stages, remember how much wm6.5 changed from the first builds leaked? Now we have the start menu on the bottom, little icon/buttons for softkeys, smaller taskbar, new contact cards, refined start menu, etc. Things will be completly different by the time its released, or we get some decent leaks.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

you guys also have to realize its not all about the look. Its about how it operates. with winmo now for example when you open programs it kind of lags. with the palm or iphone you click on a program and it opens immediately. Take the nfl mobile app for example. The palm pre has the exact same app as the one on the windows phones phone but yet it works 10x faster, why? I don't care about the look, if it operates perfectly and is extremely touch friendly and user friendly then microsoft has a great chance.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Sorry to intrude on the discussion, but as this has been posted on the front page as a news article this thread will be closed... Please turn your attention here...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives