PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Android will leapfrog the iPhone by 2012

Very interesting perspective...

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterso...phone-by-2012/

Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Re: Android will leapfrog the iPhone by 2012

I should put a reminder, and bump this thread on Jan 1, 2012, and see where android stands.

I hope Android remains fresh and innovative. I'm guessing as long as developers are able to run wild with the platform, and continue to create meaningful, easy to use applications, there isn't any reason Android can't eclipse the iPhone OS. If apple keeps the OS the same on the iPhone, with minimal refreshes, people will tire of the same old thing.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cordevil95 is keeping up the good workcordevil95 is keeping up the good work

I agree with this. You have to remember, the Iphone is only one phone on one carrier while Android will have dozens of phones on several carriers. Once Sprint and Verizon start releasing Android phones the sales will compete with the iphone. The only thing that could stop Android from overtaking the iphone by 2012 is if the iphone gets released releases on Verizon sometime in the next 8-10 months.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:33 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordevil95 View Post
The only thing that could stop Android from overtaking the iphone by 2012 is if the iphone gets released releases on Verizon sometime in the next 8-10 months.
Bingo. I think thats exactly what we'll see. The rumors of iPhone branching out from AT&T have died down a little lately, but they are still there. Even though the iPhones sales have been good, they would have sold millions more already if people didnt have to go to AT&T to have it. I still dont think Apple can keep Google from taking over though. With Android being open source and much friendlier to it's developers it will continue to grow by leaps and bounds, and Apple would have to follow suit if they dont want to get left behind.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 10-09-2009 at 01:37 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives