PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Verizon Wireless, Google to hunker down on phones (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89198)

breakmyfootoff 10-07-2009 12:39 PM

Re: Verizon Wireless, Google to hunker down on phones

I still think the biggest reason for the iPhones success is advertising. Its definitely not a bad device, but you see commercials ALL THE TIME telling the world how great it is, and hardly ever a peep about Window Mobile phones. Most people dont even know what WM is, people ask me what kind of phone I have all the time and had no idea that there were phones that used a shrunk down version of the Windows operating system.

jbearamus 10-07-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1220046)
I still think the biggest reason for the iPhones success is advertising. Its definitely not a bad device, but you see commercials ALL THE TIME telling the world how great it is, and hardly ever a peep about Window Mobile phones. Most people dont even know what WM is, people ask me what kind of phone I have all the time and had no idea that there were phones that used a shrunk down version of the Windows operating system.

I saw it all the time with my TP and still do as I sell windows phones, why is this so much? well its a smart phone running windows mobile. Oh, theres a phone version of windows? yeah (for the last 5 years)

breakmyfootoff 10-07-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1220041)
hang him! there's no room for ration in these parts! :mrgreen:

LMAO, :p

tokuzumi 10-07-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1220024)
OMG!!! An unbiased and rational post! =D> Do get to see much of that on the ol intertubes anymore lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1220041)
hang him! there's no room for ration in these parts! :mrgreen:

Sorry....I'll head to the hardware store, and get some rope. I'll become the martyr for my beliefs ;)

breakmyfootoff 10-07-2009 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1220099)
Sorry....I'll head to the hardware store, and get some rope. I'll become the martyr for my beliefs ;)

That may be a bit extreme, maybe you can just get probation or something :p

jbearamus 10-07-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1220109)
That may be a bit extreme, maybe you can just get probation or something :p

tracking device! :D

just giving you crap toku, i do agree with you; it shouldn't be this will kill that, it should be this competes because...

tokuzumi 10-07-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1220113)
tracking device! :D

just giving you crap toku, i do agree with you; it shouldn't be this will kill that, it should be this competes because...

I was just trying to play along :mrgreen: Keep the momentum going, as they say.

jbearamus 10-07-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1220136)
I was just trying to play along :mrgreen: Keep the momentum going, as they say.

i kinda figured but i worry too much about coming off as an a** so i was just throwing that in to be sure

and is that rope ready or do you need helping tying it? :D

tokuzumi 10-07-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1220183)
i kinda figured but i worry too much about coming off as an a** so i was just throwing that in to be sure

and is that rope ready or do you need helping tying it? :D

I was expecting to get flamed, but I said to myself "f-it...this is the internet..what have I got to lose?" I had to chuckle with your response, as well as breakmyfootoff.

I didn't make it very far in my scouts group...I only got my bobcat badge. So I need a little assistance with my knots. :twisted:

jbearamus 10-07-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokuzumi (Post 1220208)
I was expecting to get flamed, but I said to myself "f-it...this is the internet..what have I got to lose?" I had to chuckle with your response, as well as breakmyfootoff.

I didn't make it very far in my scouts group...I only got my bobcat badge. So I need a little assistance with my knots. :twisted:

yeah that's how i should look at it but its just not natural for me to let people think i'm a douche (can i say that on the internet?)

oh, well i got farther than that but wasn't ever good at knots... maybe breakmy?