PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: ATT

balend is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft's Project Pink is almost dead

Microsoft's Project Pink was supposed to be a very big step for Microsoft in the Mobile space and now it might be canceled.
http://techkritik.com/2009/10/05/mic...o-be-canceled/
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:52 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Microsoft's Project Pink is almost dead

Well that doesnt sound good lol. If those phones were the best they could come up with then I'm not sure MS entering the phone market would have been good for their image anyway

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

Wow, this is just another reason to step away from windows mobile. I still like my diamond very much, but find myself using my ipod touch more and more for things the diamond also does. I'll be looking for the newest android phone when my contract is up.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I don't think this will affect Microsoft Windows Mobile team. Keep in mind that project pink was separate from windows mobile 7.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

fail microsoft
=(
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The "pink" project was probably less than 1% of what MS has in the works, so it's not really gonna hurt them for it to go away, and judging from the phones that the "pink" team designed it may actually be a good thing for them if it went away. All microsoft really has to do to be successful in the phone market is add a phone to their new Zune HD. Considering the pink project existed before Zune HD, I think they may have realized this and I would bet money (not much though) that well see something along the lines of a zPhone soon to be a direct competitor to the iPhone.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

I think with all this wait, Windows 7 better revolutionize the mobile landscape once again. Maybe not as major as the iPhone release was, but with all this wait, Microsoft must be working on something great. If you look at it, during the time it took them between Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5, they produce a beautiful UI for the Zune HD, Palm came out with a whole new mobile OS, and all Microsoft did was cover up the ugly looks of Windows Mobile and only did a half-***** job. Microsoft has a problem with creating a product, then sitting on their *** for really long time until they feel challenged before they start to improve it again. We see this with Windows, Windows Mobile, IE, and search.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

All I know, is based on the headlines containing Microsoft, or Windows Mobile, MS needs some good news soon. You'd think the MS WM platform is the Titanic, after hitting the iceberg.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives