PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 09:26 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Microsoft "Pink" Phone.

I hate to say it, but this thing is UGLY!
This is thought to be the "Turtle" one of 2 Microsoft codename "Pink" phones.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/23/m...ones-revealed/

Old 09-23-2009, 09:28 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Microsoft "Pink" Phone.

Oh yeah I saw this already and I dislike them both.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
Oh yeah I saw this already and I dislike them both.
Same. I thought these Pink Phones were going to be straight up bad@ss WM7 spec beasts. Guess not.

dwizzy130
Old 09-23-2009, 10:04 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Looks like an attempt to grab the teenager "Texter" phone. I'd say its aimed at a teenage girl's texting phone, though its windows mobile, which is hypocritical, as they would have issues with it.

I don't really know, except this is an awful phone and it may even risk Microsoft's respect with other companies as a software distributor, rather phone provider
Old 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

looks like a smaller, fatter version of the pre
Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Fail.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

HTC, please don't stop designing your sexy phones
because we'd be left with windows phones =(
they make me cry =_=
Old 09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

"More rumored details on Microsoft's 'Project Pink' phones"

In addition to the above detailed info, I don't think they look too bad.
  • These are just computer models/PS designs, not final
  • They are for a different market than WM7, nothing wrong with that
  • They're probably going to be very powerful although more limited than WinMo devices
The market has spoken: devices like Sidekicks, iPhones, WebOS, etc. which are almost "dumb" smarphones are what a lot of people want. Danger had a good thing with the Sidekicks, but never went far enough. This could be what MS needs to enter that "fat middle" as Palm calls it.

How this all plays with WM7 will be real interesting though (namely marketing, development, etc.)
Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Im not a fan of Apple but they make it look really easy over there... Why cant Microsoft do what Apple is doing? (IPod-IPhone) no one is complaining about that. I wouldnt mind pullin my Zune out and callin someone or something. I think the Zune looks good and it would be a great phone to start WM7 on. Slap a stylus on it, add a camera... 5mps and up please with flash, wifi, some drivers, and a memory card slot and you'll be handin me my bag watchin me leave ur store. Take that Htc!

Last edited by Magoo_215; 09-24-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

These devices aren't going to stop MS from making a true high end smartphone. They are designed to fill a market segment, which from what I can tell, they will fill nicely. I would never buy one, and MS doesn't expect me too, but I don't hate MS for trying to get into that space. No one is losing respect for HTC when they release the Tattoo, or no one loses respect for Intel when they made the Atom processor. It fills a segment, and having good coverage across segments is just smart business practice.

Agree Magoo, a Zune HD like phone would be a hit. I expect to see it, so let's wait and see. A phone with Tegra and an OLED display... lots to look forward to!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives