PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   LEO Benchmarks.....it's smokin... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87539)

capthr 09-27-2009 04:07 PM

LEO Benchmarks.....it's smokin...

checkout these numbers

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=8348

Unaufhaltsam 09-27-2009 05:01 PM

Re: LEO Benchmarks.....it's smokin...

Its using AMDs graphics. Had I knew that before there would been no doubt as to whether this would be great or not.

dwizzy130 09-27-2009 05:31 PM

HOLY ****!

dwizzy130

Torx 09-27-2009 09:38 PM

the post also says that SPB is labeling it as HD2 T8585
could that be a Tmobile designation (T)???

arent tmobile devices numbered with a T in the front?

MikeElGiga23 09-27-2009 09:39 PM

wow it completely and utterly DESTROYED the HD hahaha

AngeloUCF 09-27-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torx (Post 1198279)
the post also says that SPB is labeling it as HD2 T8585
could that be a Tmobile designation (T)???

arent tmobile devices numbered with a T in the front?

My sprint TP2 was listed as:

HTC T7380 WM PDA

on my shipping notification, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

-Sin- 09-28-2009 01:27 AM

man this phone has me wondering wether i still want to buy the sprint touch pro 2, next weekend, or wait it out and see what this phone does, i hope it comes to the north america carriers. but i aint so sure, i would prefer the tp2's keyboard, im confused on my decision now, anybody got any suggestions? i see the bench marks, i dont have nothing to compare to, my smart phone knowledge experience is zero, somebdody able to explain these marks in a comparison way?

dmb60614 09-28-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sin- (Post 1198754)
man this phone has me wondering wether i still want to buy the sprint touch pro 2, next weekend, or wait it out and see what this phone does, i hope it comes to the north america carriers. but i aint so sure, i would prefer the tp2's keyboard, im confused on my decision now, anybody got any suggestions?

if you plan on sticking with sprint i'd get the TP2. it could be a while before this thing hits sprint.

exempli_gratia 09-28-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sin- (Post 1198754)
man this phone has me wondering wether i still want to buy the sprint touch pro 2, next weekend, or wait it out and see what this phone does, i hope it comes to the north america carriers. but i aint so sure, i would prefer the tp2's keyboard, im confused on my decision now, anybody got any suggestions? i see the bench marks, i dont have nothing to compare to, my smart phone knowledge experience is zero, somebdody able to explain these marks in a comparison way?

I'm in the same situation, looking at possible upgrade by end of year.

Hard to justify the TP2, when it's at least a generation behind. The HD2 is 2-3 times the speed, bigger screen, capacitive, new Opera (9.7, supposedly). And the TP2 is carrying the premium price of $350 (non-VZ).

If this marvel of a device doesn't make it to the US, it'll just be an insult by HTC and the US carriers to their customers!

frazell 09-28-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exempli_gratia (Post 1200125)
I'm in the same situation, looking at possible upgrade by end of year.

Hard to justify the TP2, when it's at least a generation behind. The HD2 is 2-3 times the speed, bigger screen, capacitive, new Opera (9.7, supposedly). And the TP2 is carrying the premium price of $350 (non-VZ).

If this marvel of a device doesn't make it to the US, it'll just be an insult by HTC and the US carriers to their customers!

At the rate they are releasing phones I won't be amazed if we are seeing it by February on Sprint. lol