PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Sprint HTC Hero Unboxing Video. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86652)

Geniuz650 09-22-2009 08:37 PM

Sprint HTC Hero Unboxing Video.

Video of Sprint HTC Hero being unboxed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgqdBb7uQQ

dfitzpatrick 09-23-2009 04:06 AM

Re: Sprint HTC Hero Unboxing Video.

No headphones or case?

Doh.... :(

tokuzumi 09-23-2009 10:51 AM

The headphones thing I don't understand either. They could have included some crappy ones, which would have cost all of $0.50. But the case isn't a big deal. Most phones don't come with one. The TP2...no case...Palm Pre...no case...Treo series...no case. Did the G1, and MyTouch 3G come with cases? I plan on getting a silicone case, and putting a screen protector on it, and being done.

Geniuz650 09-23-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfitzpatrick (Post 1187203)
No headphones or case?

Doh.... :(

I know they didn't include like anything. Just the basic stuff. I would've at least thought it would've included a case.

spiritcrusher33 09-24-2009 04:49 PM

Well i hope sprint isnt going to price this thing like the freakn touch pro 2( 450 ) and the instinct hd ( 350) before rebate.lol I personally dont believe in mail in rebates, so i dont count that.. but i would not pay over 299 for a smartphone when in 6 months u get can it way cheaper on craigslist or ebay... anyway rant aside i think sprint is getting cheap on us while raising the price.lol but price u pay for cheaper plans i guess. i will stay a gen behind and get whatever cheaper later.lol

tokuzumi 09-24-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 (Post 1191154)
Well i hope sprint isnt going to price this thing like the freakn touch pro 2( 450 ) and the instinct hd ( 350) before rebate.lol I personally dont believe in mail in rebates, so i dont count that.. but i would not pay over 299 for a smartphone when in 6 months u get can it way cheaper on craigslist or ebay... anyway rant aside i think sprint is getting cheap on us while raising the price.lol but price u pay for cheaper plans i guess. i will stay a gen behind and get whatever cheaper later.lol

The price of the phone has been known for a little while now. $430 full retail, $280 with $150 discount, and $180 after MIR. If you want to skip the MIR, go to Best Buy, and you will pay $180, plus taxes. So, this phone is a good bit cheaper than both the TP2, and the Instinct HD.

BenC 09-24-2009 07:10 PM

I for one do not see the need for a case or SD card - my needs in many cases are not the same as the next person's.

Biggzz 09-24-2009 08:38 PM

Dear William,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced due to breakdown in communication.

The HTC Hero will not work with the add on data pack available on your account. You must change the plan to enjoy the features of new HTC Hero phone as mentioned in previous email.

We value your business and appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,
Jaxon M.
Sprint

Helpful Sprint Links:

Red_Cheeks 09-26-2009 12:53 PM

Can someone explain to me how these people get to play with phones that are not even in the market?

Geniuz650 09-26-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red_Cheeks (Post 1195256)
Can someone explain to me how these people get to play with phones that are not even in the market?

I think they send it to them earlier so they can like review them and show it to people that want to buy the phone. Also, Sprint and Best Buy and stuff get them before so they can train their employees.