PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 04:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: Sprint

UltramanV is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to UltramanV
Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers

Interesting article

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/17/v...ef=mpstoryview
Old 09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers

That story is really kinda misleading considering big red is offering the best ppc's available ungimped and for 150.00 bucks less than sprint Verizon even has the Whitestone and Omnia 2. Nobody even knows if sprint is going to have a diamond 2 variant (whitestone) and they are definitely not getting the Omnia 2 which kills the thouch pro in every category except having a physical keyboard Thats one of the most uninformed articles ever.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Im at work so not bad, burned sometime off the clock. Too bad for Verizon tho lol
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started

I agree that the post is a bit misleading or at least outdated in it's point.
Verizon always had decent PDA Phones, they are just late to the teen-tuned variety.

And to imply that the company had better get it's act together, while stating in the same text "best network" and "most customers", doesn't add up.

The've been doing it this way for ages, and besides, the line-up of phones IS gradually expanding to fit the needs of the iPod generation.

I have a feeling the iPhone might make an appreance on the Verizon network soon enough. Maybe the iPhone2 or the iPhone Pro. ha!
Old 09-17-2009, 08:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

to think 8 months ago i was complaining that sprint sucked at getting new phones and here we are now with the pre touch pro 2 soon the instinct hd and hero and god knows what else I feel for Verizon customers. They keep saying Verizon has the best network but when i compare it to friends in Verizon heavy areas on the east coast my internet smokes them and I live in the middle of no where USA.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

The entire premise of that article was based on the excluisivity of the Pre, iPhone. They almost make it seem that those are the only smartphones to buy if you aren't a business consumer. A bit misleading.

Spot on about Android however. Get moving on that Verizon.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
The entire premise of that article was based on the excluisivity of the Pre, iPhone. They almost make it seem that those are the only smartphones to buy if you aren't a business consumer. A bit misleading.

Spot on about Android however. Get moving on that Verizon.
I agree there. I'm not really interested in any of the android sets yet since they are only offered in HVGA so far, but android looks good and I'd definitely look into if they offer android in a WVGA definition. Verizon should get something going if they dont want to be the only carrier without android. The rest of the article was bogus though.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch CDMA
Carrier: verizon

thejacer is just getting started

Quote:
With its extremely responsive touch screen, sleek, elegant interface, full PC-like browsing experience, the iPhone set a new standard. Customers flocked to AT&T, flooding (and sometimes overloading) its network. Along the way, they left a trail of broken contracts with other carriers. In 2007, when Apple launched the iPhone, 25 percent of iPhone buyers had switched to AT&T from another carrier, according to an estimate from American Technology Research.
A warning to Verizon execs from seemingly non-qualified blogger or a cleverly disguised advert for the ICrap? you decide.

really tho Im only with verizon since they bought Alltel so i've never bought a phone from them. But I can honestly say im glad to be part of a network that puts the usability of a PHONE above the sparkles on the case.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:54 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

verizon will be getting an android device soon, might even be before sprint
Old 09-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
That story is really kinda misleading considering big red is offering the best ppc's available ungimped and for 150.00 bucks less than sprint Verizon even has the Whitestone and Omnia 2. Nobody even knows if sprint is going to have a diamond 2 variant (whitestone) and they are definitely not getting the Omnia 2 which kills the thouch pro in every category except having a physical keyboard Thats one of the most uninformed articles ever.
they didn't talk about it much or really explain what the device actually is but it did mention the TP2 at 200 vs sprint/tmo @ 350
whitestone and omnia 2 are awesome but for the average consumer (which the article is probably written for, also explains why it wasn't a very informed article) doesn't look down the pipe that far. they just look at whats available now and what is officially announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
verizon will be getting an android device soon, might even be before sprint
before the 11th? id be shocked to see it but it'd be cool. got anything to back up the statement? i haven't seen anything even in rumors

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives