PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   News Archives (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85499)

UltramanV 09-17-2009 04:04 PM

Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers

Interesting article

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/17/v...ef=mpstoryview

breakmyfootoff 09-17-2009 04:18 PM

Re: Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers

That story is really kinda misleading considering big red is offering the best ppc's available ungimped and for 150.00 bucks less than sprint ](*,) Verizon even has the Whitestone and Omnia 2. Nobody even knows if sprint is going to have a diamond 2 variant (whitestone) and they are definitely not getting the Omnia 2 which kills the thouch pro in every category except having a physical keyboard :disgust: Thats one of the most uninformed articles ever.

Magoo_215 09-17-2009 04:19 PM

Im at work so not bad, burned sometime off the clock. Too bad for Verizon tho lol

kraygh 09-17-2009 06:06 PM

I agree that the post is a bit misleading or at least outdated in it's point.
Verizon always had decent PDA Phones, they are just late to the teen-tuned variety.

And to imply that the company had better get it's act together, while stating in the same text "best network" and "most customers", doesn't add up.

The've been doing it this way for ages, and besides, the line-up of phones IS gradually expanding to fit the needs of the iPod generation.

I have a feeling the iPhone might make an appreance on the Verizon network soon enough. Maybe the iPhone2 or the iPhone Pro. ha!

ajac 09-17-2009 08:03 PM

to think 8 months ago i was complaining that sprint sucked at getting new phones and here we are now with the pre touch pro 2 soon the instinct hd and hero and god knows what else I feel for Verizon customers. They keep saying Verizon has the best network but when i compare it to friends in Verizon heavy areas on the east coast my internet smokes them and I live in the middle of no where USA.

SporkLover 09-17-2009 11:10 PM

The entire premise of that article was based on the excluisivity of the Pre, iPhone. They almost make it seem that those are the only smartphones to buy if you aren't a business consumer. A bit misleading.

Spot on about Android however. Get moving on that Verizon.

breakmyfootoff 09-18-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 1175150)
The entire premise of that article was based on the excluisivity of the Pre, iPhone. They almost make it seem that those are the only smartphones to buy if you aren't a business consumer. A bit misleading.

Spot on about Android however. Get moving on that Verizon.

I agree there. I'm not really interested in any of the android sets yet since they are only offered in HVGA so far, but android looks good and I'd definitely look into if they offer android in a WVGA definition. Verizon should get something going if they dont want to be the only carrier without android. The rest of the article was bogus though.

thejacer 09-22-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

With its extremely responsive touch screen, sleek, elegant interface, full PC-like browsing experience, the iPhone set a new standard. Customers flocked to AT&T, flooding (and sometimes overloading) its network. Along the way, they left a trail of broken contracts with other carriers. In 2007, when Apple launched the iPhone, 25 percent of iPhone buyers had switched to AT&T from another carrier, according to an estimate from American Technology Research.
A warning to Verizon execs from seemingly non-qualified blogger or a cleverly disguised advert for the ICrap? you decide.

really tho Im only with verizon since they bought Alltel so i've never bought a phone from them. But I can honestly say im glad to be part of a network that puts the usability of a PHONE above the sparkles on the case.

bikeandestroyx 09-23-2009 01:54 AM

verizon will be getting an android device soon, might even be before sprint :twisted:

jbearamus 09-23-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff (Post 1173955)
That story is really kinda misleading considering big red is offering the best ppc's available ungimped and for 150.00 bucks less than sprint ](*,) Verizon even has the Whitestone and Omnia 2. Nobody even knows if sprint is going to have a diamond 2 variant (whitestone) and they are definitely not getting the Omnia 2 which kills the thouch pro in every category except having a physical keyboard :disgust: Thats one of the most uninformed articles ever.

they didn't talk about it much or really explain what the device actually is but it did mention the TP2 at 200 vs sprint/tmo @ 350
whitestone and omnia 2 are awesome but for the average consumer (which the article is probably written for, also explains why it wasn't a very informed article) doesn't look down the pipe that far. they just look at whats available now and what is officially announced

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1187096)
verizon will be getting an android device soon, might even be before sprint :twisted:

before the 11th? id be shocked to see it but it'd be cool. got anything to back up the statement? i haven't seen anything even in rumors