PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Hmm very interesting... Not news to verizon customers

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-storm-2-more/
hm nevermind it looks like late october, hope that changes.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:45 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...-storm-2-more/
hm nevermind it looks like late october, hope that changes.
cool, thanks for the link. not that i care much about verizon but it's cool to see android finally making its rounds
and is it just me or does that samsung intensity look a lot like the instinct q?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:20 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
they didn't talk about it much or really explain what the device actually is but it did mention the TP2 at 200 vs sprint/tmo @ 350
whitestone and omnia 2 are awesome but for the average consumer (which the article is probably written for, also explains why it wasn't a very informed article) doesn't look down the pipe that far. they just look at whats available now and what is officially announced
That is so very true. Outside of these phone forums, people dont know much about these phones. We are a niche market for sure, as most people dont even utilize everything these phones will do as shipped, much less adding additional capabilities. I'd be willing to bet that 50% of the ppc's sold in the U.S. are used for little more than making calls and "occasionally" surfing the web. Nobody else I know recognises phone brands and models like I do lol. The only phones most people know about are the ones they see on commercials.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
That is so very true. Outside of these phone forums, people dont know much about these phones. We are a niche market for sure, as most people dont even utilize everything these phones will do as shipped, much less adding additional capabilities. I'd be willing to bet that 50% of the ppc's sold in the U.S. are used for little more than making calls and "occasionally" surfing the web. Nobody else I know recognises phone brands and models like I do lol. The only phones most people know about are the ones they see on commercials.
unfortunately true. i know the vast majority of WinMo phones go to business users who in my experience only make calls, check email, send the occasional text, and have no idea of what the phone is actually capable of.
and as far as phone recognition, i'm in the same boat. half the time i can call a ppc just from seeing the corner or bottom of the device. just last week i asked a customer about his Tmo Wing and all i saw was the shade of blue peeking out of its holster, maybe we need help

thanks for the youtube link bytheway

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives